[WiP] TV Server hardware-specific code refactoring (1 Viewer)

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    seems like my new diseqc switches work like a dream.

my previous ones were these:
    DiSEqC 2.0 / Tone Burst Switch: Golden Interstar GI 411 (4/1)

stay away from them, as they do not work reliably.

I instead bought:
    Triax Romania - DiSEqC switches
    around 26 eur a piece.

which seem to work great with : skystar2, hauppauge nova hd dvbs2 and blackgold 3595.

lesson learned: do not buy your diseqc switches too cheap.

/gibman

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    mm1352000,

yesterday i updated my setup to last 1.2.0 SVN, and my 7010ix diseqc stopped working again (i had your patched TvLibrary for 1.1.0).

I thought your refactoring was already in SVN, but as Mantis 3243 it's delayed to a future release. So no resolution in 1.2.0 final ? :(

P.S. I can't use our patched tvlibrary.dll for 1.2.0 because i have already a custom version with my own patches under testing, and I would not add your svn patches to build together mine, it may be difficult to keep them updated in case of conflicts with new svn revs.

thanks,
    romadd

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi romadd

No, my patch is not already in SVN. I'm hoping to complete it for 1.3.0 (1.2.0 is not allowed any new features or big reworks), but there is always so much to do, and the code keeps changing which makes it hard to keep a patch up to date.

Do you have other cards in your PC? If not, I can probably provide you with a "temporary" hack.

romadd64

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    mm1352000,

I have other DVB-S cards on TVE3 :
    2x Terratec Cinergy S2
    1x Technotrend TT-Connect S2-3650 USB

Also the Cinergy S2 showed tuning problems from the switch to 1.2.0 that I still have to thoroughly analyze.

So ATM I have a bit of mess, but if you have a hack (as a patch) I'll be happy to give it a try. If you are too busy, don't worry, I'll wait until 1.3.0

:D for your support

romadd

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay, there is no way I can make a quick hack if you've got different kinds of cards.
    Regarding the Cinergy: you need to use the stop graph mode, not the experimental pause graph mode. See this wiki section for details...

ColinT

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, can I presume the patch for 1.1.2 will work for 1.1.3, whcih is supposed to be a minimal patch on 1.1.2?

No problems withthe patch/blackgold card btw. Wouldnt be able to use them without your patch :D

Regards Colin

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV Server hardware-specific code refactoring

Is there a version for latest SVN head?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    disaster123: Sorry, no there is not. So many changes have been made to this area of code over the last 4-5 months that I have not managed to keep up. It is my aim to get back to this patch at some point in the next month or so, but there are other things that have to be done first...

ColinT: I'm not sure, but I don't think so. Supporting so many versions (1.1.0, 1.1.1, 1.1.2, 1.1.3, 1.2.0a, and SVN head) is diabolical for me. I'll see what I can do.

ColinT

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Understood. As you might imagine, I would v much like to use V1.2 Beta (anounced Yesterday), so any chance of implementing the change for would be useful, though I can understand your problem. And thanks for your efforts to date.:D

If there is not going to be an opprtunity to move the code into MP proper because of the extensive change to the coding, is there a smaller fix that we can include that might get into the MP? From my investigations it seems that the main sensitivites are whether the DISEQC command is sent before or after the tune command. I would suspect that MS Media centre does it in one way, and all the cards support that.
    I agree that the code needs the refactoring that you have implemented to be more intelegable/maintainable, but is there a hack fix that could be submtted in the mean time, s that we can use the card in the latest MP versions.

Please dont take this as critisism, as it is not meant as such. I have my card working thanks to you , and that is good. Its just that I would very much like to include the latest MP code release, as it looks like it has fixes to many of my other problems.

Best Regards and thanks again ColinT

ColinT

Portal Pro
    January 21, 2007
    Home Country
    I note that the change is currently not planned for V1.3. Do you still plan to make a patch for 1.2 once it is released?
    I still believe that as the change makes WP act the same as WMC for DISEQC driving, that it is likely that many cards will benefit from this change, and it is likely that card specific code for DISEQC could be reduced.

I reallise that you are busy with more general MP coding now, but some news on this patch would be welcome.

Thanks again and best regards:)
    ColinT

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom