TV-server, is it stable enough to use? (1 Viewer)

samuel337

Portal Pro
August 25, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I'm in Australia, and I'm not having any problems...?

The only flaw so far(And it's only for setting up) is the XMLTV plugin refuses to overwrite the guide, so if it imports the wrong info, you have to remove it manually (I'm thinking anyway, else there is a big problem)

Like the guy above, what TV card are you using?

I've got a Dvico DVBT FusionHDTV Plus card and the only channel I can view is 7 Digital. I presume this is because TEN, Nine and ABC all use AC3 audio and something's going on that's stopping that from working...

Can you see all the channels? What SVN revision are you using for the TV server, and MP?

Sam

GSteele

Portal Pro
April 6, 2006
Hi,

For the record I've got a Fusion DVBT card using their 3.5 software but usning nvidia decoders and I can see all FTA channels in Sydney fine. But yes the xmltv is a problem for ABC2 as the time is shifted due to the 0000 close time. I did have some inital channel scan issues but I found a topic in the forum that helped with that. I'll try and find it if you need but it was related to the Fusion cards which are very popular in Australia.

Channel changing is not flash however as it's about 3-5 sec per channel.
I Hope this helps

Greg

Azazyel

Portal Member
February 17, 2007
Home Country
I have the DVICIO DVB-T Plus, the only issue with the card is that it loses signal if you use the pass through.

I've had it working DVB-T and Composite in MythTV, GBPVR, and now MediaPortal.

I deleted everything and installed the 18-02-07 svn. I've only just staed testing it, but it tunes channels, plays noise (AC3 aswell, but I jumped that hurdle when I got GBPVR going), plays video.

I use the intervideo video decompressor. And the ffdShow audio (I get it to output AC3 to SPDIF for me).

I'm in WA, so I'm not familiar with other states channel lineup. But all the SD channels and SBS HD use MPEG Layer2, only HD uses AC3 (And I think Nine broadcasts both on the SD)

I haven't done anything crazy to my setup, just the normal install drivers, load TVServer Setup, tune channels, etc.

Edit: Channel changing does take 3-5 seconds from Seven HD to ABC, but it doesn't stutter or whatever. And if you were being picky, the widescreen doesn't fit into the preview box on the TV Guide. Better then most of the alternatives though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom