TV Server Memory Leak with Stats and Logs (1 Viewer)

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    TV-Server Version: 1.0.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0 RC4
    MediaPortal Skin: Aeon Wide (1366x768) / Blue 3 Wide
    Windows Version: XP SP3
    CPU Type: Intel Core2 Duo E6400 (2.12Ghz)
    HDD: Western Digital 500GB SATA
    Memory: 1024MB DDR2
    Motherboard: Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Video Card: Gigabyte Nvidia 7600GT
    Video Card Driver: Latest NVidia Drivers
    Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (on motherboard)
    Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5247
    1. TV Card: DNTV Live! Dual Hybrid PCIe S2
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-T dual tuner (does dual analog as well)
    1. TV Card Driver: 1.0.3.1
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVidia PureVideo
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 8 h.264
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: N/A - free to air only (DVBT)
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC16M
    Cooling: Zelman
    Power Supply: Asus 460W modular
    Remote: iMon Pad (shipped with Silverston Case)
    TV: Sony 32" V300a
    TV - HTPC Connection: DVI -> HDMI

A couple of days ago I noticed, with some horror, that TV Server was taking up about 180MB of memory and was running horribly. A reboot and it went back down to what you'd expect - approximately 30MB or so - and performance went back to normal.

I decided to set up a performance log to track memory usage over a few days of normal use. I compiled the stats (Page file bytes for the TV Server process) and put them together into a spreadsheet and sure enough, memory consistently gets chewed away at a constant and alarming rate throughout the day.

A few notes on our usage - I use powerscheduler to put the machine to hibernate over night, and it's usually started by my wife in the morning. She regularly has a crash when trying to playback a recorded program, first thing, and reboots the machine, and this clearly shows in the graph each day. Most days we have various programs recording, and at 8pm the machine automatically downloads xmltv data via a thirdparty program, with the XMLTV plugin pointing at the resulting xmltv file. This doesn't seem to affect TV Server memory usage significantly (there's no particular uptick around 20:02 or so when the guide data has been refreshed).

I've attached an Excel spreadsheet (in the zip file) containing the raw data from Performance Monitor and a graph, as well as logs covering some of the time period. The performance stats run from the 9th of December through to the 13th. Unfortunately, the TV Server logs only go back to the 11th of December, but there should be a reasonable amount of data to see what's going on (covering several days).

The only plugins I have enabled on TV Server are XMLTV, PowerScheduler and Conflict Notifier.

Regards,

Rob.

Attachments

• TV Server Performance Graph.GIF
      TV Server Performance Graph.GIF
      22.1 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom