[solved] TV Server no longer waking up thr PC for sceduled recordings (1 Viewer)

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

you can tell Power Scheduler to do not go to standby as long as your EPG Grabber.exe is running. Vice versa you should your EPG Grabber.exe not configure to send the PC to standby. Maybe the open files are coming from there.

Cheers

Blue Max

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I've re-enabled Power Scheduler to see if it makes a difference. Failing that
    This was the misleading piece of info ;)

You're going to hate me saying this
    Certainly not :). Glad you got what you want.

I really don't understand why @HTPCSourcer think Powerscheduler is obsolete.
    I am perfectly capable of admitting that I was wrong.

Notwithstanding people who run several clients with a dedicated server should take a look at alternative setups, e.g. the use of LightsOut. MYself I am not using PowerScheduler.

Digsy

Portal Pro
    August 29, 2018
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    you can tell Power Scheduler to do not go to standby as long as your EPG Grabber.exe is running. Vice versa you should your EPG Grabber.exe not configure to send the PC to standby. Maybe the open files are coming from there.

I have removed the sleep command from my EPG grabber scheduled task to see if it makes a difference.

There seems to be some kind of instability going on as over the last few days my PC has actually frozen a couple of times at some point during "sleep time", which I need to debug as I am going to be building my client NUC this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom