TV-Server ( No Supported Software Encoder Installed ) (1 Viewer)

mccay_a

Portal Pro
April 16, 2009
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Before I continue I must say I already know that Analogue TV signal requires some sort of third party MPEG encoder

I scanned for Analogue TV and found my channel. It was working.

I then decided to do some cleanup of my portal before I locked the config. I updated all my Plugins, and disabled or uninstalled plugins i dont use

My first thought was LAV filters, but if i replcaite encoder / decoder plugins for a working build it still does not work

Am i looking in the wrong place or can someone offer advice on this issue

Regards, mccay_a

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Useful links: http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...rs/7_Scan_Analog/Software_Encoding_Card_Setup

and (TV-Server Config -> General)

Software Encoders Tab

1.2.0 alpha:

On this tab you can change the priorities of the audio and video encoders for analog cards. This is a general priority and is used for all analog cards that need such an encoder. An encoder converts an analog video or audio signal into MPEG-2 video or audio streams. Those are required for TV-Server in order to support timeshifting, recording for analog cards.
    There is a section for each encoder type (Video and Audio). Both lists can define their priorities separately. A priority of "1" means that TV-Server will try this encoder at first and the one with priority "2" and so on. The priority can be changed by using the "Up" and "Down" buttons in the desired section.
    In front of each row you can see if the encoder is installed or not on your system. So if you are using an analog card without a hardware encoder you can check here if a supported software encoder is installed. If no encoder is installed and your card has no hardware encoder, than have a look here for more information: Software Encoding Card Setup. It is not possible to enter additional encoders in this screen.
    It is recommend to assign priority "1" to the encoder which is installed and belongs to your card. This will increase startup speed of the card and increases the possibility that the encoder works. Some analog cards are only working with a specific encoder.
    Note: Combined video and audio like the "Hauppauge MCE encoder" are not supported by TV-Server.
    For advanced users:
    It is possible to add additional encoder directly to the database (db table: 'softwareencoder'). Each encoder needs a unique ID and a corresponding priority which is unique for each type. Video encoders have type = 0 and audio encoders have type = 1. Please be aware that the standard list of encoders is only tested and supported by the Team.

+ Which MP Version are you using? (analog TV was broken in MP 1.3.0 Alpha but already fixed: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...able-to-start-graph.109301/page-2#post-882773)

Last edited:

mondoman22

Portal Member
    September 18, 2011
    Hello,
    Allright I have a Question... I have wirjed with mediaportal in the past
    I went from Meepn to Yavdr To Mld and I have 3 Media Centers Well i just
    recently installed Meepo on one of my machines 1.3 Latest version.. So
    I installed an Analog Hauppage 950q usb tuner.. Now i am using the hauppage
    disk and it installed the media encoder that came with the disk and it works
    for the most part But the problem is the video is a bit jerky on the Analog tv
    side.. I have a Nvidia gt430 card and Using the Main Concept encoder...
    Has anyone experienced this? and found a way to fix it? Is there any settings
    for it that might make it better??? Just need a rudimentry start point...

THank you
    Mondo

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

mondoman22

Portal Member
    September 18, 2011
    Ahhh MM,
    Thanks bro... I did and it seems to be working much better!!! Thank you
    as for starting my own thread i did not want to clutter the place up
    but I will next time.... By the Way you did a beautiful Job On Mediaportal
    1.3.. What a rewrite Revamp... Loving it and Thank you!!!!

Mondo

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom