TV server not able to find channel in predefined transponder list (1 Viewer)

crackdown

Portal Pro
November 24, 2009
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.1
MediaPortal Skin: Black Glass
Windows Version: Windows 7 SP1
CPU Type: Icore 5
HDD: SAMSUNG 3x2TB Intel SSD
Memory: 4 GB 6400
Motherboard: Gigabyte
Video Card: Sapphire HD6450
Video Card Driver: Catalyst driver latest
Sound Card: HDMI onboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: FloppyDTv DCB-C
1. TV Card Type: DVB C
1. TV Card Driver: Windows 7 beta driver
2. TV Card: FloppyDTV
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: Latest Windows 7 beta driver
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: SAF 6.01
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: SAF 6.01
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Origaen ST12
Cooling:
Power Supply: 600 watts PSU
Remote:
TV: SONY KDS 55A2000
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI 1.4a

Dear fellow mediaportal users!

I have a really strange problem! I live in The Netherlands, my TV provider is ZIGGO in region 8888. In mediaportal this TV provider is pre-defined, so channel scanning is really a piece of cake. Now ZIGGO is changeing the TV frequencies a lot lately, so a rescan is needed every now and then. They changed it on september 1st, and last week november 1st.
I did a rescan as usual, and I found out by surprise that Filmnet Premiere HD is NOT found anymore during a scan.
Even when I do an advanced scan with the correct parameters (symbolrate 6875 Qcam 64), this Filmnet channel is not found anymore.
When I hook up my HD standalone decoder however, then Filmnet premiere HD is found without any problem. So it is NOT a signal problem. A friend of mine in the same area has the exact same issue. Apperently the Filmnet HD channel has moved to a frequency wich is not scanned anymore by mediaportal due to the pre-defined tuning parameters.
Is there any way how I can change this, or does anyone know how i can get this channel back?
I think that the pre-defined tuning xml for ziggo 8888 needs to be updated, but I do not know how nor do I know where to get this data, since ZIGGO does not give any support to Alphacrypt users.
Any help is much appreciated!! :D

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi crackdown

I did a rescan as usual, and I found out by surprise that Filmnet Premiere HD is NOT found anymore during a scan.
    Even when I do an advanced scan with the correct parameters (symbolrate 6875 Qcam 64), this Filmnet channel is not found anymore.
    Of course you need the correct frequency as well. What happens if you do an advanced scan using "search for transponder list" - that should find the channel.

When I hook up my HD standalone decoder however, then Filmnet premiere HD is found without any problem. So it is NOT a signal problem. A friend of mine in the same area has the exact same issue. Apperently the Filmnet HD channel has moved to a frequency wich is not scanned anymore by mediaportal due to the pre-defined tuning parameters.
    Okay. Can you get the tuning details for the channel from the decoder?

Is there any way how I can change this, or does anyone know how i can get this channel back?
    If you do a single transponder advanced scan with the correct parameters then the channel should be found again. If it is not found then your parameters are wrong. Once you find the correct details you can add/update the details in the transponder list in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbc\The Netherlands.Ziggo NID 8888.xml and submit the change -->here<--. Note:
    1. There are already updated tuning parameters for Ziggo submitted -->here<--.
    2. That tuning detail file is in a hidden folder so either enable viewing of hidden and system files, paste the path into the address bar in Windows explorer or seach the C: drive for the file with searching of hidden files enabled.

I think that the pre-defined tuning xml for ziggo 8888 needs to be updated, but I do not know how nor do I know where to get this data, since ZIGGO does not give any support to Alphacrypt users.
    If you don't know the correct tuning details then use the "search for transponder list scan" with one frequency that you do know and hopefully the channel is found. Then you can update the tuning parameter file and submit the change so nobody else has the same problem.

mm

crackdown

Portal Pro
    November 24, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Man!!! I can kiss the ground you walk on! I did the search for transponder list, but this made no diference. However: by replacing my xml by the one you pointed out, it found all 6 missing channels! So thank you very much!!! Still I wonder how the other guy created such a updated xml file. True wizards here on the forum!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom