TV Server ... or ... Am I really that stupid? (1 Viewer)

tpg

November 11, 2009
DC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm trying to setup a TV server for my HomeRun tuners, and Media Portal looks like it should work, but honestly, it eludes me. If you look at the directions, it clearly shows in the menu where you can setup the Server feature, but on my machine (Win7/64/16GB), I see no menu. What am I missing???

thanks

tpg

tpg

November 11, 2009
DC
Home Country
I've looked at these links ... they are of zero help. Look at the attached picture ... it is a SNIP of my desktop. In the background you can clearly see where I display the web page that says:
TV Server has its own Configuration Tool which you can access via ... the
Windows Start Menu > Programs > Team-MediaPortal > MediaPortal TV Server > TV-Server Configuration.
And in the foreground, you can see where I clearly did "Windows Start Menu > Programs > Team-MediaPortal " ... and yet THERE IS NO MediaPortal TV Server or TV-Server Configuration. It's almost like there is something else I need to download.

Attachments

• Media Server 1.pdf
    487.7 KB
  • Media Server 1.pdf
    487.7 KB

tpg

November 11, 2009
DC
Home Country
That is of no help ... I have installed / uninstalled (using the FULL uninstall option) / installed this software 4 times, choosing different options each time ... and in no case will the SERVER option show up. My steps (that should work and have done more than once) are:
  1. Download and start install of "MediaPortal_Setup_1.3.0_FINAL.exe"
  2. English / Next
  3. Start with the Installation now / Next
  4. No - I will not use Media Portal to watch TV / Next
  5. Perform an Advanced Installation /Next
  6. Leave same installation folder / Next
  7. Leave default Titan Skin / Next
  8. Leave both extensions selected / Next
  9. Then it shows all the components it is about to invoke ... and I press Install
  10. Then, after about 5-10 minutes of installing, it closes
  11. I click on the Media Configuration Tool shortcut on the desktop
  12. Select Standard
  13. The GUI opens and ... NO TV SERVER OPTION EXISTS

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    No - I will not use Media Portal to watch TV / Next
    Well there is the problem (and if you had read the wiki you would have picked up on that ;)).
    You can't expect MP to install TV components if you tell the installer you're not going to use MP for TV!

[Edit: and by the way, when you do get TV Server installed correctly it will have its own "TV Server configuration" link on the Desktop. Again: it will be a different link from the MediaPortal configuration link.]

Last edited:

tpg

November 11, 2009
    DC
    Home Country
    Gotcha ... I guess I was over-thinking this because I'm NOT using MP to watch TV, I'm using MP to STREAM it. If the option had said "are you using MP to watch and/or stream TV?", then I would have answered YES. Thanks, I'll try that.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom