TV server (?) prevents standby (1 Viewer)

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
A while ago I updated from 1.1 to 1.2.1 (fresh install). Since this update I have had a strange issue when going into standby. I used to be able to just press the power button on my MCE Remote when watching TV and then the system went into standby.
After upgrading to 1.2.1, if I try to do the same, the monitor goes black, but the system does not shut down, but it seems like it's pausing the system somehow, cause when pushing the power once again, it instantly resumes... I need to go to the main menu, stop TV, wait a few seconds and then I can set the system into stand by when pushing the power button

I remember I had this issue way back with some RC's of 1.0, but somehow it's back again... I think I'm just missing a setting somewhere, but can't seem to find it anywhere? PowerScheduler is activated on the TV server - any good suggestions?

I'm using Windows 7, no hardware changes or anything since my previous install..

/Christian

ChriZ

Portal Pro
March 22, 2008
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Thanks for your help. I read the thread, installed PowerScheduler++ and I can now turn off MP even in fullscreen TV :)

Pom

Portal Pro
August 10, 2006
Gloucester
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
ChriZ,

Glad you fixed the problem - i had the same one, posted here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...-working-properly-mediaportal-1-2-1-a-101536/ and could only fix it by installing PowerScheduler++.

In my single-seat set-up, even if i stopped TV, there were no recordings running or due, EPG not grabbing and no processes running to prevent standby - MP 1.2.1 STILL would not suspend my system properly via the remote!

Lee

kszabo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2007
    Germany, Bayern
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Same here

TV Service prevented my htpc from going into standby. Proof: after turning tvservice off manually it works, if tvservice runs, it does not work

Installing powerscheduler++ solved the problem promptly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom