[confirm] TV Server Setup freezes on channel/scheudle export (1 Viewer)

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Very friendly reply...

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Very friendly reply...

Well, one user has confirmed that this happens when trying to export channels that were imported from an older database version.

You have not confirmed whether this happened with channels imported from previous versions or a fresh scan.

jojo1411 has not provided any logs at all.

We do need the information I have requested in order to find out whether this is a bug, or whether the two people who are reporting this have corrupted databases. I have tried to be helpful and let you know what information we need in order to reproduce this. Unfortunately if you don't then provide that information, there isn't much we can do.

For what it is worth, I cannot reproduce this problem.

Mark

Daniel82

Portal Member
    June 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    And if you do a complete new install of RC6 and scan for channels rather than importing them, does it still have the problem? Could it be because some of the data you are importing is corrupt/incompatible (which it should not be of course)?

Mark

The clean install of RC6 works and i can export the channels.
    I don´t think that the data ist corrupted. If I delete all channels from the updated RC6 (update from RC4 -> RC5 -> RC6) and make a complete new scan the export don´t work.

Attachments

• log 11.07.2010.zip
      3.6 KB
    • log 11.07.2010 - delete imported channels and new scan.zip
      1.5 KB

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    No change after Upgrade to RC6 - still Null Pointer Exception:

2010-07-14 19:29:05.000000 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.Export(String fileName, Boolean exporttv, Boolean exporttvgroups, Boolean exportradio, Boolean exportradiogroups, Boolean exportschedules)
    bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    No change after Upgrade to RC6 - still Null Pointer Exception:

2010-07-14 19:29:05.000000 [SetupTv(1)]: Exception :confused:ystem.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.
    bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.Export(String fileName, Boolean exporttv, Boolean exporttvgroups, Boolean exportradio, Boolean exportradiogroups, Boolean exportschedules)
    bei SetupTv.Sections.ImportExport.exportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
    bei System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Please provide complete logs if you expect anyone to take the time to look at this issue.

Sorry if this offends you, but we need the information (as I have previously explained) in order to have a clue what might be going on with your system.

Mark

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    And please check whether exporting channels from a clean install of RC6 without channels having been imported from an older version has the problem.

Mark

Herr R aus B

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 22, 2007
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Obviously I am not able to make myself understandable... There are NO MORE logs! I deleted all logs befor reproducing this error. All I get then is this error.log I appended to the post. Anyways - I am now using the MySQL backup tools and that works fine for me.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Obviously I am not able to make myself understandable... There are NO MORE logs! I deleted all logs befor reproducing this error. All I get then is this error.log I appended to the post. Anyways - I am now using the MySQL backup tools and that works fine for me.

So when you delete all of the logs, and the do the export, only the error.log is produced, no other logs ? Apologies, but this was not clear to me.

I will try once again to reproduce this issue. However, when I tried, everything worked fine.

That is not to say that I think there is not a bug. But if it is only seen by some people under some circumstances, it is much harder to find the cause and fix it.

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom