TV Server status icon plugin (now as a standalone app too) (4 Viewers)

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    My pleasure.

I'm looking at ways to make it more resistant to errors and better able to handle the server dropping out or being shut down (or not started yet).

Hopefully I'll have a new version out in a few days time that will be a little less prone to crashing.

Cheers,

D4bFz3awSRYHKjr3

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 14, 2006
    Home Country
    Aruba Aruba
    it seems that the plugin has a bug. When a recording is in progress and you hover over the icon it disappears.

Koschel

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 6, 2005
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Using the plugin with the latest versions of TVE3 leads here to a connection loss every 2h - 3h. TV suddenly goes black and the message "No connection to TV Server" appears. This happens regardless MediaPortal is runing or not.
    After disable the plugin the TV Service was run for more then 24h without connection loss. Enabling the plugin leads to the loss again after 2h - 3h. I have tested this on 2 different PCs.
    The logs unfortunately have no useful entries :-(

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    hmmm, I wonder if this is due to the heartbeat system now in use ...

I won't have time to look at this for a few days, but I'll check it when I get the chance.

Thanks for the feedback.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi and-81

Being a bit thick here getting this working with Vista 32.

installed to MPservers\plugin folder (is that correct) enabled, and did the msc thing.

Just cannot get any symbol in the systray, point the lunatic in the right direction will you.

Thanks

and-81

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 7, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Just cannot get any symbol in the systray, point the lunatic in the right direction will you.

You need to change the details of the TV Service so that it can "interact with the desktop" ... I think I mention it somewhere in this thread ...

Basically:
    Start Menu -> Run -> services.msc -> right click on the TVService -> Properties -> Logon -> Allow service to interact with the desktop

That should do it.

Doesn't really say where to install to? Anyone?

If you're using the plugin, put it in the plugins folder for the tV service:

\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Service\plugins\

If you're using the standalone application. you can put there wherever you like.

Hope that helps.

@Everyone:

As for the issue with it crashing after a certain time, I'll try to fix that very soon.

Cheers,

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom