TV Server status icon plugin (now as a standalone app too) (1 Viewer)

jestermgee

Portal Pro
February 23, 2008
In a house
Home Country
Well it's good to see that others are getting this working.

I haven't done anything with this as yet because I haven't had the time but I will try this again.

The issue I think I have is that I don't have an on-board paralell port and am using a cheap card I picked up which seems to have different system resources than an onboard port so perhaps that is my issue.

Did you use Gixxers implementation or make your own? Did you modify anything further for your setup? Do you have a port on board or an expansion card?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to find out how to get it happening for me.

TommySharp

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 15, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So far I'm reading that there is no way to implement the parallel (or serial) port solution on Vista..... Is this the case? Has anyone tried it?

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    Hey all,
    I've made a TV Server plugin that adds an icon into your system tray (down the bottom right of the screen, you know the one) which shows the status of the TV Server.

Hi Aaron,

any chance to recompile this fine utility? It worked perfectly on WinXP for me, on current Win7 with latest MP I get errors when launching "assemply TVcontrol wrong format".

Thanks, Guzzi

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would not mind this now being incorporated into MPTray, so the nice blue icon sitting already in systray, goes red when recording and mouse over displays what is being recorded.

Here is the last known working standalone version, TVServer is already enabled to interact with desktop, so there are no changes to be made there using MP1.1.0RC1.

How to install, just unzip folder and place where you want, currently running this on Windows 7 32bit.

View attachment TVServer Monitor.zip

ps. This is for Singleseat\Server setups only, clients are not supported.

Edit, damn just remembered, always had to have a 30 second delay on startup, otherwise cannot find server, for this I used Winpatrol, but i'm sure there are other way's, maybe a little batch file :)

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    sound good pd !!

after all, no change to mediaportal would be done. and would provide extra info on the already mptray icon.

IchBinsShort

Portal Pro
    January 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV Server status icon plugin (now as a standalone app too)

I think this should be integrated in Mediaportal.

Goodmane1980

Portal Member
    August 5, 2011
    Home Country
    Hi
    Does anyone have this working Win 7 64 bit? I get an error message whenever I try to install it (standalone) I had it working on the same PC and setup last week with Vista 32bit (unfortunately my HDD crashed and I decided to make the 64bit change rather than restore an image!)

If not, is there an alternative so I know not to send the TV server to sleep during a recording?

Thanks.

Goodmane1980

Portal Member
    August 5, 2011
    Home Country
    @ TLD, that is tremendously helpful thank you! The new version also prevents shutdown during recordings. I just had to paste the standalone exe in the TV server folder and hey presto. Thanks again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom