TV Server status icon plugin (now as a standalone app too) (1 Viewer)

jestermgee

Portal Pro
February 23, 2008
In a house
Home Country
Still no go

My parallel port card doesn't have any "settings". There is no window that displays the address or anything in device manager. I can see the card and it says it is LPT2 but there are no settings for it.

The other thing is I just cannot get your exe to work. Like I said, I run the exe and nothing happens for a couple of minutes then it comes back with "connection failed". Fair enough. I change the IP address to that of my HTPC and then run it and it connects for a second then crashes out straight away and I loose those settings the next time its run.

I'll try a few other things. Is there any way we could select the com port by LPT number? I've just checked one of my machines that has an on-board port and cannot see the address location for that either. I really want this to work.

EDIT: Tried quite a few things with same result. There is no message on crashing just the windows crash message with no detail link. I believe my port address is 400 but as soon as I make a successful connection to the TV Server, your exe crashes.

My TV Service Monitor is installed at C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TV Server Monitor if that maks any sense.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Still no go

My parallel port card doesn't have any "settings". There is no window that displays the address or anything in device manager. I can see the card and it says it is LPT2 but there are no settings for it.

The other thing is I just cannot get your exe to work. Like I said, I run the exe and nothing happens for a couple of minutes then it comes back with "connection failed". Fair enough. I change the IP address to that of my HTPC and then run it and it connects for a second then crashes out straight away and I loose those settings the next time its run.

I'll try a few other things. Is there any way we could select the com port by LPT number? I've just checked one of my machines that has an on-board port and cannot see the address location for that either. I really want this to work.

EDIT: Tried quite a few things with same result. There is no message on crashing just the windows crash message with no detail link. I believe my port address is 400 but as soon as I make a successful connection to the TV Server, your exe crashes.

My TV Service Monitor is installed at C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\TV Server Monitor if that maks any sense.

please try to move that folder to the desktop. also make sure that in the folder u have all the necessary files, not only the exe.

ill will mod again the program so u can choose which address u want to use.

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    Still no luck so far...

The original TV service monitor works fine but this one still keeps crashing out. I have copied the folder to the desktop (I have all the original TV service monitor files, just replaced the .exe file with yours) and tried running again with no luck.

The crash message that appears only has refference to the inpout32.dll file which I downloaded from the link you provided and copied to the system32 folder.

If I could have a look at your source code then I may be able to get a friend of mine to help me find a working solution. I'd ideally like to use the serial port for LED control since there is more power available on a serial port and programming is a little easier.

Can anyone provide me directions to the original source for this application?

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Still no luck so far...

The original TV service monitor works fine but this one still keeps crashing out. I have copied the folder to the desktop (I have all the original TV service monitor files, just replaced the .exe file with yours) and tried running again with no luck.

The crash message that appears only has refference to the inpout32.dll file which I downloaded from the link you provided and copied to the system32 folder.

If I could have a look at your source code then I may be able to get a friend of mine to help me find a working solution. I'd ideally like to use the serial port for LED control since there is more power available on a serial port and programming is a little easier.

Can anyone provide me directions to the original source for this application?

i dont know how to help u as im not a pro here.

try copying the inpout32.dll to C:\WINDOWS\system also

and then reboot

i can upload the source code with the lpt modifications this afternoon.

why dont u try any other led-parallel port program to check that its working and then see to make this program work.

i sugesst u see this tutorial and try this program...

How To Build Parallel Port Prototypes | Hardware Secrets

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    Thanks for your help so far. I know what its like when something works for you but not someone else. I am pretty sure my issue is with the IO card I had to install. I'll try that program and see if it works. If anyone else has any ideas i'd love to hear them. This kind of thing seems to me to be quite useful for dedicated HTPCers. Would definately make my setup a little easier to operate.

jestermgee

Portal Pro
    February 23, 2008
    In a house
    Home Country
    Sorry to be a pain, but i'd really appreciate the source code for this app.

I really want to get this working for me and since I can't expect you to help me out i'd like to try and tackle this myself.

The requirement to me seems very simple:

- Check state of tuner card (idle, recording, epg download)
    - activate data pin on parallel port when in a particular state

That's all I need it to do.

If someone else has an idea of the code to do this i'd really appreciate it.

Thanks

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    send me a pm with your email and ill send u my fix to add parallel port.

Niksunen

Portal Member
    December 7, 2007
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    now it work for me. i attach modified files that im used. put inpout32.dll file to C:\windows\system32

pin1 = red (recording)
    pin 2 = green (timeshift)
    pin 3 = blue (idle)

Seattle

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Works...

Hi there,

it works very well...

Thx...

SEA

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    now it work for me. i attach modified files that im used. put inpout32.dll file to C:\windows\system32

pin1 = red (recording)
    pin 2 = green (timeshift)
    pin 3 = blue (idle)

glad u made it to work. as i said by email, if u make any improvement please post. right now im not using tvserver status therefore im not improving it, probably when i setup everything again ill give it a go to improve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom