TV Server stops recording overnight (1 Viewer)

PoBear

Portal Pro
April 17, 2006
Northants, United Kingdom
Hi

I've been running TV Server 1.12.0.0 for some time without serious problem. Occasionally it will fail to record when the system has been idle for some time, in the last week it has been doing it every night and even during the day, there have been no changes to the Windows 10 system other than maintenance.

The system does not go into sleep or hibernate

A reboot clears the problem.

I've attached the server log from one of the problem days, it appears to set up the recording but then never starts it.

any ideas?

Many thanks in advance.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

Log file shows:
    [2017-09-08 10:28:03,181] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - CardReservationBase.HasUserHigherPriorityThanBlockingUser: True - user 'scheduler21295' with prio=100 vs blocking user 'epg' with prio=1
    [2017-09-08 10:28:03,188] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - card: WaitForCancelledTuneToFinish card: 8 / subch: 0

In other words:
    1. TV Server thinks there is an "epg" user (EPG grabber) using the tuner.
    2. TV Server assesses the priority of EPG grabbing against the priority of the recording ("scheduler21295" user) and rightly decides that recording is more important.
    3. TV Server cancels the EPG grabber tune/grab process.
    4. TV Server waits for the cancellation to take effect and the tuner to become available.
    Problem: the cancellation never takes effect and the tuner never becomes available.

Looks to me like a component in the tuner graph has locked up here:
    [2017-09-08 10:16:44,707] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph

There should be a line after that as seen previously:
    [2017-09-08 10:16:23,724] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - dvb:confused:topGraph
    [2017-09-08 10:16:23,839] [Log ] [DVB EPG timer] [INFO ] - debug: IMediaControl stopped! hr = 0x0 :)

This is not new; I've seen it all before, particularly with TBS tuners when people enable TV Server's "idle" DVB EPG grabber and haven't configured the grabber's settings properly. Essentially the grabber grabs continuously when able, and this "exercises" some kind of long-standing bug in TBS tuner drivers, firmware or hardware. See here:
    Recording Failed To Start

Exactly the same!

The only practical solution is to fix your EPG grabber configuration. Considering that you're in the UK, follow the advice here:
    EPG for DVB-T not working

[edit: ...and I should say that the reason this problem started is probably that a bunch of channels which you've configured the EPG grabber to grab with have moved to a new frequency or are no longer available.]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom