TV Server Stream Stops (1 Viewer)

spar1grep

Portal Member
February 27, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hello,

After running MP 1.2 for a long long time I recently had to rebuild and reinstall my TVServer from scratch as it started to develop an annoying bug where when a channel change would be issued and most of the time the screen would blank but I would still have sound. I did not investigate this as I decided that it was time for a rebuild (I suspect it was possibly a Windows Update that broke something).

So I started the rebuild, installed XP SP3 and all updates, installed the DVB Hotfix and installed MP 1.5. However this did not work as Windows XP is no longer supported and the TVServer would not detect my card properly (a Hauppage PVR 250).

Therefore I have downgraded to version 1.4 of MP. It all works with one annoying bug in that when watching a TV stream either on the TV server or from one of the MP TV clients I have the stream would last between 30 seconds and 30 minutes (mostly between 30 and 60 seconds) and then the stream would stop. Checking the TVServer the stream is still showing as active but when you watch it from the main MP screen it shows that it is looping the last 5 seconds. No sound nor any image progression is shown. If I switch off the TV via the MP interface and switch it back on the issue is resolved.

I have attached my TV server logs to this question.

Whilst I appreciate that 1.4 is not the latest version and I would consider upgrading to 1.5/Windows 7 and forking out for a new TV card in the short term I really would like to get this resolved as I am starting to find MP is becoming a very hard solution to get working from the get go. For example I will have to upgrade to Windows 7 for MP 1.5 and my Hauppage PVR 250 is not compatible with Windows 7 so I have to get a TV card that will allow me to use a scart to sVideo/3.5mm jack so that I can integrate my Virgin Cable with the solution. This seems to not an easy task as I only have one PCI-e slot (used for my GFX card, the rest are PCI) and the later WinTV cards either are either PCI-e or the PCI ones do not have on the neccessary ports to allow for my Vigin Cable Box to be integrated.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    So I started the rebuild, installed XP SP3 and all updates, installed the DVB Hotfix and installed MP 1.5. However this did not work as Windows XP is no longer supported and the TVServer would not detect my card properly (a Hauppage PVR 250).
    MP 1.5 still works with XP SP3. I'm using it myself. You probably just need to make sure that the BDA framework is installed. Locate bda.inf somewhere in c:\Windows - right click and click install. After that TV Server should work.

Therefore I have downgraded to version 1.4 of MP.
    I wouldn't recommend MP 1.4. Either use MP 1.3 or 1.5 - 1.4 has known issues with XP. If you insist on 1.4, install the patch from here:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...les-is-corrupted-with-1-4-0-pre-in-xp.119713/

It all works with one annoying bug in that when watching a TV stream either on the TV server or from one of the MP TV clients I have the stream would last between 30 seconds and 30 minutes (mostly between 30 and 60 seconds) and then the stream would stop. Checking the TVServer the stream is still showing as active but when you watch it from the main MP screen it shows that it is looping the last 5 seconds. No sound nor any image progression is shown. If I switch off the TV via the MP interface and switch it back on the issue is resolved.

I have attached my TV server logs to this question.
    Not sure what is going on there. Your logs are incomplete; what I can see doesn't show any problem.
    Please grab full log files:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/16_Support/3_Forums/2_Log_Files

Whilst I appreciate that 1.4 is not the latest version and I would consider upgrading to 1.5/Windows 7 and forking out for a new TV card in the short term I really would like to get this resolved as I am starting to find MP is becoming a very hard solution to get working from the get go. For example I will have to upgrade to Windows 7 for MP 1.5 and my Hauppage PVR 250 is not compatible with Windows 7 so I have to get a TV card that will allow me to use a scart to sVideo/3.5mm jack so that I can integrate my Virgin Cable with the solution. This seems to not an easy task as I only have one PCI-e slot (used for my GFX card, the rest are PCI) and the later WinTV cards either are either PCI-e or the PCI ones do not have on the neccessary ports to allow for my Vigin Cable Box to be integrated.
    As above - the likely reason for MP 1.5 not working is because you don't have a digital tuner (so BDA not installed). Please upgrade to 1.5 and install bda.inf as instructed, then supply full log files if the problem persists.

mm

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom