[Approved] TV Server - Test Scrambled (1 Viewer)

esprit

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello,

This is my first patch here in MP. I hope I am posting in the right forum, if n ot please point me in the right direction.

Purpose: The TV Server detects new channels as FTA where these are scrambled. The uncheck / check encrypted does not apply to scrambled QAM and ATSC channels. Due to the digital switch over in USA, there are new channels that are being added on all cable networks.

This patch adds a "TEST SCRAMBLED" button, that cycles through all channels in tv server and unchecks those that are scrambled or those that do not tune due to "Cannot start graph message"

Attachments

• TestScrambled.patch
    30.6 KB

CHli

Portal Pro
July 5, 2005
Switzerland
Home Country
Switzerland Switzerland
I like the idea of that feature !

But the patch could be slightly improved.

• It contains an empty "mpButtonTestScrambled_Click" function and uses the so called "mpButtonTestScrambled_Click_1" one.
  • It contains an empty "tabPage1_Click" function
  • In the mpButtonTestScrambled_Click_1 method You create a new TvServer and a new User for each iteration on the list. I'm not familiar with MP source code but I assume there is a way to reuse the objects without recreating them for each loop.
Apart from that I think it should be quickly integrated because it's definitely something I would use. :)

Thank you !

esprit

Portal Member
January 6, 2008
Home Country
Updated Patch

I have corrected the code, moved the objects out of the loop and removed the extra code.

Here is the latest patch

Attachments

• TV-Scrambled-rev2.patch
    30.7 KB

mortstar

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    Home Country
    England England
    This patch adds a "TEST SCRAMBLED" button, that cycles through all channels in tv server and unchecks those that are scrambled or those that do not tune due to "Cannot start graph message"...

How about UK situation where some channels do not run 24 hours a day? This would mean FTA channels such as BBC THREE, BBC FOUR etc. would be marked as encrytped depending on the time that you run the test.

EDIT: Nevermind, in this situation error is "No Video/Audio Detected"

CHli

Portal Pro
    July 5, 2005
    Switzerland
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    Thank you esprit for your changes ! I think it's more suitable to be included in MP repository now.

Just a last remark,

I don't know how this is supposed to work in MP but if you call StartTimeShifting on the server object shouldn't you call something like StopTimeShifting (if it exists) so it can be reused later on ? I don't know what is supposed to happen when you call StartTimeShifting on the server object multiple time with the same user (if it is considered as a simple channel change, then it would be correct). Anyway once you're done with the server object you should probably tell the server you don't use it anymore. There must be a method for that. Or maybe I'm completely wrong :) We need a MP developer to give us a few word about that :)

Thanks,

Christophe

esprit

Portal Member
    January 6, 2008
    Home Country
    Super

Excellent,

My next submission is a Blind scan function - hopefully I can get it in before 1.1.0

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :D I tried it, and it worked fine for me!

I have one suggestion to improve your patch:
    When you have many channels (I have ~200, DVB-S often ~1000), the checking process takes quite a long time. I would like to have an "Stop" button to cancel the task (like scanning does). This would require to do the check in another thread...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom