[solved] TV Server - "Unknown error occurred" and unable to delete channels (1 Viewer)

deepskydiver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I'm running 1.7 and have a few odd things happening.

I changed to another tuner card after (I believed) the old one failed. The other one which worked previously now returns "unknown error" when testing the channels in the TVServer Config. Of more concern, I can't delete the channels - I was going to try removing and re-adding them. Whether I select one or all, none of them are ever deleted even after 10 minutes attempting to delete just one channel. I've run a repair on the database, which found nothing.

I can post the logs later, but any advance clues as to what might be going on are appreciated!

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    For the tuner problem...
    Have you tried simply restarting the TV service (TV Server config, manual control, stop service... then start service)?
    If not, please try that... and if that doesn't help, please try restarting the PC ...and if that doesn't help and the tuner is a USB tuner, please try shutting down the PC, disconnecting and reconnecting the tuner (USB and power), then starting the PC... and if that doesn't help, please try uninstalling and reinstalling the tuner driver.

(Unknown errors often indicate the tuner driver is in a tizz. They could mean the tuner has failed... but I recommend to always try the above suggestions before assuming the worst.)

Of more concern, I can't delete the channels - I was going to try removing and re-adding them. Whether I select one or all, none of them are ever deleted even after 10 minutes attempting to delete just one channel. I've run a repair on the database, which found nothing.
    Full log files (use the watchdog/debug-tool please - probably option 3) will be required to assist with this. I'm not willing to waste your time and mine speculating, because chances are I'd be wrong if I guessed. :)

deepskydiver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Both tuners are PCI or PCI express I think, I've done the restart service and restart PC (and left it off for 5 minutes). No joy.
    When I get home I'll put the old card back in as well and check to see if both cards show the same error - they are Digital Now and Winfast. If they do it's likely not the driver I guess.

I'll get the debug logs from a tv server config run when I get home with both tuner cards in and enabled. Thanks for the advice. (Oh - will the debug tool work with the TV server config tool or do I need to run MP?)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Both tuners...
    Hmmm, okay.
    Off the top of your head, can you think of anything that might have caused a disruption for the PC?
    Something like Windows patches or driver updates... or maybe hardware got fried due to unusually hot weather?

Oh - will the debug tool work with the TV server config tool or do I need to run MP?
    Yes, the debug tool grabs logs for MP, MP config, TV Server and TV Server config, as well as some system information. Ensure TV Server's log level is set to debug, then simply use the debug tool with option 3 as recommended. :)

deepskydiver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    OK - in the last run of the TV Server config utility I did two passes of Testing the channels. One each with a single tuner enabled on each of the two different cards. Same result for both, that unknown error. Logs now attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I've run a repair on the database, which found nothing.
    I don't know when you did this, but the logs are telling me that your database is not healthy. The program table has crashed.
    [collapse]"5/02/2015 5:31:30 PM";"MySQL";"(0)";"Error";"The description for Event ID '-1073741724' in Source 'MySQL' cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display the message, or you may not have permission to access them. The following information is part of the event:'C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\bin\mysqld.exe: Table '.\bca\program' is marked as crashed and should be repaired '";"3221225572"[/collapse]

You should follow the instructions here, but at step 4 use "mysqlcheck bca..." instead of "mysqlcheck mptvdb..." (because you've given your DB a custom schema name):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../Troubleshooting/TV/Repairing_database_(MySQL)

Please try that and let me know if it helps. If it doesn't help, another set of fresh log files would be helpful.

deepskydiver

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 2, 2012
    Brisbane
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    That's fixed it - thank you (repairing the DB). Thanks in particular for spotting that the DB name was different - and was why my repair attempt had failed. I presume at some time in the past I kept the original and used a new one to avoid another issue. And forgot that.. The basic install is years old now I guess. Glad I didn't change the DB password.. :)

Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom