TV server utility scans, finds no channels (1 Viewer)

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok.. First I want to take the time to thank you for your help. Even tho we have not resolved the issue yet, I want you to know that your help IS greatly appreciated.

I'm happy to help in any way that I can. :)

Here is where we stand as of now. attached please find the ATI graph file as requested and also the media portal logs.
    The screenshot is perfect. It rules out issue 2 because there is only one crossbar in your system. That leaves issue 1 and issue 3.

I am also going to try using the video input to the ATI tuner.. to see if I can get media portal to 'read' that input.
    You're most welcome to do that, although I think you'll probably encounter the same problems. Worth a shot though since it is an easy test...

In regard to issue 3: the screenshot shows that the appropriate connectors ("pins") seem to be available on the crossbar and capture filters. One would think that the "video decoder out" on the crossbar would connect to the "ATI analog video input" on the capture filter, and the same goes for the "audio decoder out" and "ATI analog audio input". This really makes me suspect that issue 1 (something else using the tuner) is the culprit here, even though I can't back that up with proof...

I'm sorry to have to ask you to do something else, but could you please do the following for me:
    1. Stop TV Server service.
    2. Make a backup of the TVLibrary.dll file in your TV Server install folder.
    3. Download and extract the attached TVLibrary.dll into your TV Server install folder.
    4. Delete your TV Server logs (in C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log).
    5. Start the TV Server service.
    6. Attempt to scan for channels again.
    7. Post the tv.log and error.log here.

The new logs should tell us about why the crossbar can't connect to the capture filter.

Attachments

• TVLibrary[1.1.3_ATI_650_debug].zip
      150.5 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom