TV Server v1.2.3.0 and HDHomeRun Dual Tuner (1 Viewer)

jp2code

Portal Member
December 27, 2012
Longview, Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
@ron:

The SiliconDust HDHomeRun info doesn't get me far.

My log files (from "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log") are attached.

I noticed the TvSetupLog.config file here: "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server" It is just XML. Could someone post their TvSetupLog.config file? Perhaps there is a section in there somewhere that defines the Tuner Cards. If so, I can modify the XML on my end and at least get TV Server to OPEN! (that would be a start)

@2BitSculptor:

Yes, I selected the complete uninstall to remove registry entries and databases. Curiously, though, was the fact that the log file path that Ron pointed me to above still contained a older called OldLogs from the last install, so obviously the uninstall does not completely remove all of its tracks.

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    not sure what is going on with your MePo setup. Your error logs show MePo is trying to use Master/Slave mode.

2012-12-28 14:03:28.242800 [TVService(6)]: Controller: sorry, master/slave server setups are not supported. Since there is already another server in the db, we exit here.

Don't know how you got MePo in this mode. Maybe you should use windows ControlPanel > SW Uninstall, remove both MePo client and Tv server using the 3rd option (remove everything), reboot and try a fresh MePo install. When you run the new install, just do "one click" and say you want to watch TV.

Last edited:

jp2code

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Longview, Texas
    Home Country
    You know the saying, "Third time is a charm"?

Well, the second time must have been what worked for me.

OK, the tuners are back in there and I can get XBMC to play TV.

But, it is horribly choppy and there is no audio. I did check a box that says to "sync the playback to the display". I unselected that, thinking it may have caused the stuttering, but that didn't fix any issues.

Also, every time I go over the "View Options" when Live TV is playing, XBMC will crash - actually, it stops responding.

You guys rock, getting me this far. Can you get me past the choppy video and no audio now and maybe even that part about XBMC not responding?

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    I'm glad we were able to help get you tuners listed/scanned in TV-Server.

Choppy playback sounds to me like a player/splitter/codec issue in XBMC ... but as I mentioned before, someone familiar with XBMC should chime in. Does the TV run in MediaPortal okay? Do you have sufficient timeshift buffer space ... on a dedicated HDD? Are you running other CPU intensive processes? or copying/downloading files to the same drive as your timeshift bufferbuffer or TV recording folders? (just looking for possibilities)

Could you fill out a system specs form, so we can see if we can identify any hardware related issues.

Last edited:

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    Another problem area might be virus scan running on the timeshift or recorded video folder. A number of people with Msft Security Essentials report video viewing problems that go away when they disable scanning of the MePo folders. If you record a show on the hard drive, maybe just 5-10 minutes then play the recorded file 5-10 minutes after the recording ends, does it work better? For MePo playback do you have LAV enabled for TV and is Hardware Acceleration DXVA, IntelQuickSync etc enabled in LAV Video Config?

Last edited:

jp2code

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Longview, Texas
    Home Country
    In MePo, Live TV seems to run better, but there is still no audio and the feed is choppy.

You've got a really neat System Specs page, 2BitSculpor, but I didn't see a way in the Control Panel to create one like that. I was able to create this hokey version: Poo-Doo. How do I spruce it up?

I did go in and set the Recorded TV folder to be excluded my MSFT Security Essentials, and that seemed to reduce the choppy video.

I went into the settings and changed from the DirectSound to my NVIDIA HTMI port, but it didn't seem to change anything.

681CE.png

LAV enabled? I don't know where to find that.

Hardware Acceleration DXVA? Possibly!

IntelQuickSync enabled in LAV Video Config? No comprendo.

A little humor. :cool:

I played a little with all those codecs and such while trying to view our Movies in Win Media Center using Shark007 Codec Pack, but I got sick of having to change the settings to play one file, then change them back to play the others. Anyway, I know roughly what they are, but I don't know what you're wanting me to change in MePo or how to get there.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    in the upper right side of the page, just above the search box, you will see your log-in name in bold. hover over that and a menu will magically appear, near the bottom of the right column you will find System Specs. that should get you started.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    if you run the Media Portal Extension Installer on you desktop, in the Known extensions tab you will find LAV filters listed. click on that and you will be able to install from there. There are also many plugins available to sweeten your MePo experience.

jp2code

Portal Member
    December 27, 2012
    Longview, Texas
    Home Country
    System Specs are done.

I haven't run MP Extension Installer. I would have thought this was for adding an extender to MePo. Windows Media Center has that feature, and I never used it. What is Extension Installer for, viewing codecs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom