pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi everyone

I am looking for a solution that will wake tv server from standby everytime a client request the tv service is there any plug in or third party tool that can perform this action.

it will allow the server to save energy whenever the clients are not using the TV option.

i am using Mediaportal 1.0 version TV server in XP sp3.

Thanks in advance.

Tzach

nikos1671

Portal Pro
    April 21, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Greece Greece
    search for a plugin called wakeonlan this can do what you need but manual,i have make my suggestion that this plugin or something like this must be included on mp and do the job automatic, if we want to call mp, client and server...

The Doctor

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    You need this litle program to execute a program at wakeup : HibStart

And you need this to be executed at wakeup by Hibstart : ★★★★★ WakeUP! — MasterBootRecord.de - Matthias Zirngibl - WakeUP! Remote Control Inventarisierung Hardware dokumentenmanagement system dokumenten-management-system dokumentenverwaltung dms documentmanagementsystem

Now when you wake up your client by remotecontrol ,your clientpc will wakeup the serverpc automatic.

Can't provide you with exact details, but you need to make a batchfile wich executes wakup with the correct network settings. This batchfile must be started by Hibstart.

It's all on the websites.

Succes,

Oh yeah, don''t forget to enable wakeup capability in your masterpc's network settings.

Attachments

• wakeup.rar
      30.6 KB

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    My TV-Server wakes from Standby (S3) without any additional programs.

Enable 'Allow this device to bring the computer out of standby' for the Network adapter in Device Manager. Sometimes there are additional "wake up" settings for the Network adapter under Advanced settings.

When the MP client tries to access the TV server, it wakes.

However I have some other problems with this setup, see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-302/mp-client-cant-reconnect-after-connection-tv-service-lost-52455/

I also did some modifications to the Power Scheduler server plugin, preventing standby when there are network activity (e.g non MP clients accessing files), see https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/development-91/patch-power-scheduler-tv-server-plugin-52155/

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Thanks to all of you for your support.

I managed to find other solution that maybe can help others.

I am using WOL mc command line tool to wake the server every time one of my clients awake from standby.

look at the link attached.

Wake-on-LAN [ MATCODE.com ]

i created a small batch file that run every time my clients awake from standby so the batch file sends wakeonlan command to wake the server, it is working for few days very well.

Tzach

winstonc69

Portal Member
    November 11, 2008
    Thanks to all of you for your support.

i created a small batch file that run every time my clients awake from standby so the batch file sends wakeonlan command to wake the server, it is working for few days very well.

Tzach

Hi Pickard,

Glad you got it sorted:D

Would you care to share your batch file & how you got this to run on retuning from standy on the clients (is the same as on start-up, in the start-up solder on start menu?)

:D

pickard

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 30, 2007
    Haifa
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Hi,

Here is my step by step working solution:

I am using PVR scheduler software which i purchased for 5 euro and this software must be installed on every mediaportal client due to the reason that this oftware manage all the acpi power through mediaportal it also has an option to run a file every time the system is a awake from standby so i attached my batch file to run every time system awake .

the batch file itself sends the wakeonlan command to the server so basically they wake together and it woks very well .

i am attaching my batch file content so you can use it but please note that you have to changed the mac address to your's from the ethernet card.

MC-WOL 00:1F:D0:0A:5E:82

don't forget you have to put mcwol exe file in the same directory where you'r batch file resides.

Tzach

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom