1.10.0 TV-Server WinTV-CI Tab to choose descrambling Tuner dissappeared (1 Viewer)

ARE2

Portal Pro
May 9, 2008
Germany
Home Country
Poland Poland
Hi,
I made a fresh install of win7 and MP 1.10.0 and everything works fine except that the WinTV-CI tab dissappeard and descrambling is not working? In my DVB-S Card CAM is enabled and I still get the CI-Menu Tab choosing the Card.

I've tried reinstalling drivers and the Tab appeared again on first opening of TV-Setup, but then after a first settings change that didn't concern in my opinion the CI-Funktionality and triggered a Service restart the Tab dissappeared again and scrambled channels are still not working :(

Attached my logs, hope anybody has a clue what's going on.

THX in forward and regards
ARE2

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

The tab only appears if the WinTV CI driver is installed correctly. There has been no change to this since probably MP ~1.3.

Regards,
    mm

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hello

The tab only appears if the WinTV CI driver is installed correctly. There has been no change to this since probably MP ~1.3.

Regards,
    mm

Hi mm1352000,
    hmm thats strange, because I'm realy realy sure that they are super correctly installed. I've installed them on the fresh Win7 (including all critical updates). Furthermore the Tab appeard on the first Attempt to configure the server, then I did so and after TV-Server Restart it was gone :(

Then I used the clen Up tool from Hauppauge für the Drivers and reinstalled them. Same behaviour. The WinTV-Tab appears onb first entry of TV-Setup. Then I change e.g. the Card oder, therfore TV-Service is restarted and... yep WinTV CI Tab dissappears :.( I've no clue what do do to get it back.

PS: I guess logs show nothing suspicious?

THX Regards
    AREs

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The tab disappearing could be a long standing bug... but even then, all you'd have to do to get it back is to reopen TV Server configuration. Again, that assumes the drivers are installed correctly.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    The tab disappearing could be a long standing bug... but even then, all you'd have to do to get it back is to reopen TV Server configuration. Again, that assumes the drivers are installed correctly.

Hi,
    did so, but that changed nothing hmmm :( still no ci-tab.

PS: Is there a possibility to "force" the tab for testing purposes, by e.g. changin a value in the MP DB?

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    FTR:
    Reinstalled Win7 with all Win-Updates available till now. Then installed the latest Win-TV Hauppauge Drivers for the Card. Restarted the system. Installed WinTV-Ci drivers. Restarted the System again. Installed MP 1.7.0, restarted the system once again. Opened the TV-Server Config and selected the Cards Section. And guess what... yes WinTV-Ci Tab was there, but... made a few changes then TV-Server Confi said it hast to restart the Service. Ok, did so and entered the Cards Section again and yes... WinTV-CI Tab was gone!? :(

So, finally I think it really doesnt't seem to be an 1.10.0 issue.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    PS: Is there a possibility to "force" the tab for testing purposes, by e.g. changin a value in the MP DB?
    No.

So, finally I think it really doesnt't seem to be an 1.10.0 issue.
    Yes, I suspected that would be the case. Thanks for confirming. :)

From my perspective fixing such a problem is very low priority because:
    1. The tab should reappear after reopening TV Server configuration.
    2. In TVE 3.5, WinTV CI (and TerraTec USB CI) support is via a plugin. There's no more tab.
    If the tab doesn't reappear after reopening TV Server configuration then please let me know. That could be a bug that needs to be fixed.

ARE2

Portal Pro
    May 9, 2008
    Germany
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Hi,
    just agin for the record and everyone that stumbles upon the same Probs.:

Yes, I couldn't believe it, but the drivers were really not completely installed :(

Installing the drivers as suggested by Hauppauge is not enough!!! They don't tell that even after a full and successfull install of the Win-TV CI drivers there is still an unknown device in the device-manager. I've chosen it and tried to do an auto-update of the drivers through the INet without success. So I tried it manually an pointed on the location where my WinTV-CI Drivers were located and... BINGO! Is installed another part of the CI driver! After that my WinTV-CI Tab in the TV-Setup didn't dissappear :) My CAM is working again.

Furthermore I had to deactivate Power saving Options for the WinTV-CI USB-Device, because this was causing a problem stopping TV, can't explain why, but that solved this problem on my machine.

Hope that can help anybody with the same probs.

Regards
    ARE2

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Installing the drivers as suggested by Hauppauge is not enough!!! They don't tell that even after a full and successfull install of the Win-TV CI drivers there is still an unknown device in the device-manager.
    Ahhh, I have a WinTV CI myself and I recall that happening to me too. I thought I had just done something wrong, but now I guess the CI driver installer is a bit weird/buggy.

Hope that can help anybody with the same probs.
    Yeah, thanks for reporting your solution. Very happy to hear that the problem is resolved. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom