UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OB2

One word - 'Legendary'!

DMAN

A

Anonymous

I will be doing a release of mediaportal this weekend for AIW owners that may include this functionality (for testing purposes).

Sorry it won't be for you guys just yet as the only card I have to develop on at the moment is the AIW.

I will be working with Mars to get this into the new mytv engine and supported for all MPEG2 hardware cards.

So it will likely come with that release.

I am also looking to purchase PVR150/250/350 card as soon as I can so I can get test builds out to those users too.

A

Anonymous

Any chance of this being later rolled into maybe a VOD (Video On Demand) server? It would be awesome to steam a video from a server without the client mapping a drive.

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Any news on this yet? Would be glad to test it out :)

And of course, merry Christmas to all.

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OB2 may have been struck down by Darth Vader as he seems to have dissapeared... Noooooo!!!!

DMAN

gotrootdude

Portal Member
    March 24, 2005
    This isn't as hard as people are playing out to be.. Here's how to do it, use splitcam to split the video stream into VLC server in the background leaving Media Portal in the foreground. Next use a instant messaging client and a macro on the remote machine to send input to the server, use a macro on the server to read the IM off and send the keystrokes needed to change the channel, switch cards, etc. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom