tv service crash (1 Viewer)

KLEO

Portal Member
September 30, 2011
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Yesterday, whilst recording a tv show I tried to watch the show delayed via Kodi on my androidbox and suddenly something went wrong. I looked on my server-pc and started mediaportal tv server configuration to search for the problem. I got a message "tv service not running, start it now?".

Also in windows logs I see an error.
I attached the logs and printscreen from that too.

Note: I had already programmed a recording "What the Frans" (but forgot about it) and programmed another recording called "Dance Dance Dance" which was being recorded before the other show started which you can see in the logs but I don't think that caused the problem.

The crash occurred at 20:35 yesteray (19-09-2015).

Thanks,

Wim

Attachments

• Temp.rar
    197.6 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Wim

Please export and attach the Windows application and system event log files. It isn't possible to determine the cause of the crash without them.

KLEO

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi,

That was a quick reponse!
    I guess your response (asking for log windows log files) means it wasn't (just) a mediaportal problem?
    I attached both log files in txt and xml.

Thanks.

Wim

Attachments

• Temp.rar
      1.3 MB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I guess your response (asking for log windows log files) means it wasn't (just) a mediaportal problem?
    No, not at all. It's just that the log files you previously provided don't even give an indication that TV Server had crashed, let alone an indication of what caused the crash.

Unfortunately the Windows log files don't seem to add any information. I mean, I can see that the TV service stopped unexpectedly:
    Fout 19-9-2015 20:35:19 Service Control Manager 7034 Geen De TVService-service is onverwacht beëindigd. Dit is nu 1 keer gebeurd.

Usually I'd expect to see a stack trace in the application event log that gives the reason for what happened. However, I can't see anything there. So, I'm unable to determine what caused the problem. It's a mystery.

KLEO

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I got that exact same problem a few weeks ago, same logs. Also no clues.
    I think it's got something to do with Kodi crashing the tv service. Is there an option to get more logging for a future incident?

Thanks for the help,

Wim
    EDIT: I already got it on debug logging.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I think it's got something to do with Kodi crashing the tv service.
    Gotta say: it would be very unusual and unexpected if that were the case... and I'd have expected to see log entries too.

Is there an option to get more logging for a future incident?
    No, not from a TV Server perspective... because TV Server's log level is already set to "debug".

Is there a pattern to the problem occurrences? (For example, does it happen a few seconds after starting to view a recording.) ...or is it completely random?

KLEO

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    It just happened yeaterday for the second time and I wasn't expecting anything so I wasn't really paying attention what I did.
    But I remember playing the recording-in-progress and pausing it and the start of the show which had a 10 mins prerecording-time (was putting "Dance dance dance" ready for my wife to see when she got the kids in bed ;-) ), but I can't remember what happened then. I think Kodi froze or something otherwise I wouldn't have reacted and I think it's the same thing last time.

I will test to see if I can reproduce.
    Ah yes, and I will get the Kodi logs. Thought about it last night, but forgot about it completely. I will post those later.

Wim[DOUBLEPOST=1442759781][/DOUBLEPOST]The Kodi logs are from today, nothing from yesterday so that's of no use. I'll post if I can repeat the problem.

Thanks,

Wim

Last edited:

KLEO

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Well, that didn't take long. Got the same problem AFTER I reinstalled Kodi, while watching a recording-in-progress. It happened while fast forwarding.
    Windows logs the same, no clues so I didn't attach them. Same for plain Mediaportal Logs, so just the Mediaportal TV server logs attached.
    Problem occurred at 20:53.

Wim

Attachments

• temp.rar
      194.6 KB

KLEO

Portal Member
    September 30, 2011
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Kodi froze, had to terminate it in androids settings. Restarted Kodi and uploaded the logs, unfurtunately they start at restart time of Kodi (I have to change the setting of xbmclog plugin). Log: http://xbmclogs.com/pudxz119z/gnhajb/raw

NOTE: the freeze happened when FF past the end of the timeline bar.[DOUBLEPOST=1442778501][/DOUBLEPOST]Tomorrow evening I will try to see if the old logs are still on the android box. Have just a few hours to sleep ahead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom