TV-Service doesn't respond after second resume from S3 because of PowerScheduler (2 Viewers)

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
    Windows Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3 - German
    CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ 65nm
    HDD: Western Digital 160GB SATA 2,5"
    Memory: 3072MB DDR2-800
    Motherboard: ASUS M2N
    Video Card: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 4650 Ultimate
    Video Card Driver: Catalyst 9.4
    Sound Card: SoundMax HD onboard
    Sound Card AC3: coaxial out
    Sound Card Driver:
    1. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV C/CI
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    1. TV Card Driver: BDA
    2. TV Card: Digital Everywhere FloppyDTV C/CI
    2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
    2. TV Card Driver: BDA
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 9
    MPEG2 Audio Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 9
    h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink PowerDVD 9
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: UnityMedia
    HTPC Case: Silverstone LC-17
    Cooling: Scythe Ninja Mini
    Power Supply: beQuiet 350W
    Remote: Microsoft MCE Remote + Keyboard
    TV: Samsung LE-46M86BD
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi,

when my HTPC resumes the second time from standby the TV-Service isnt responding anymore. Then I am not able to stop the service and have to kill it via taskmanager. When I start the service again the story repeats.
    This problem exists as long as i can remember (pre 1.0). I always waited for the next release hoping it would be fixed but the problem also still exists when using the latest svn from 01-31-2010.

Some testing revealed that it has something to do with the powerscheduler server plugin! When I disable it, everything is working fine!
    A problem of mine is that there isnt anything in the logs wich is looking unnormal imho.
    The problem exists wether i use mp to start live tv or tv-server-cfg-preview or tv-server-cfg-manual-control.

I read some threads alike my problem but didnt find anything similar.

Is there any hint to get more logging information from tvservice?
    Atm my hands are tied and i would be very appreciated if someone could help me out!

I've read there threads with no success.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...rvice-exe-crashes-after-resume-standby-70938/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/mp-hangs-when-getting-out-standby-50788/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-talk-45/resume-standby-hibernate-problem-55160/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/s3-suspend-problem-68208/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ruhezustand-standby-490/standby-probleme-tvserver-client-71532/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/old-bugreport-forum-56/resume-standby-2-a-5924/

Attached are two sets of logfiles, one with a working setup with PS disabled and one with PS enabled wich isn't working.

Thanks in advance,
    Jens

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV-Service doesn't respond after second resume from S3 because of PowerScheduler

Is there really nobody willing to help me?
    As i said before are my hands tied and I do not have a perspective to solve my problem without your help!

Thanks!

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Since recently I experience similar behaviour. MP completely freezes on me when I try to watch TV after a second resume from standby. I'm gonna disable the powerscheduler plugin to see if it makes a difference on my system.

Edit:
    Disabling the Powerscheduler plugin doesn't make a difference. System lock after second, and sometimes first resume from standby trying to watch TV. Realy frustrating behaviour I can't seem to solve.

styriaman

Portal Pro
    September 13, 2004
    Austria/Styria
    Hi
    welcome to the club - I can't continue watch TV after resume from standby, too. (Singleseat) MePo gave different errors like can't build graph, card in use or freezes. I've tested Win MCE and here there is no problem to resume TV after wakeup. I saw a lot of threads acting with add on programs restarting the whole TV service and/or MePo - but this takes a lot of time.

Regards

Joe

4roma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 16, 2009
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Man this sucks bigtime. Also saw posts on the German forum about MP freezing up after standby and trying to watch television. I wish I did not go from 1.0.2 to 1.1.0. It's a huge step backwards. MP is completely unusable for me without TV. I think I'm fed up with the bugs. I love the eyecandy MP offers, but it's a buggy piece of software.

Hodor

Portal Member
    September 5, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had a similar issue with MP freezing after resume. Downgrading catalyst to 8.7 helped in my case.

On my system I could not watch TV or recorded TV after a resume. It would freeze so badly that a hard reboot was needed.

Fredd_1001

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2007
    Almere
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I had expererienced the same problem some time ago. In my case updating my system bios was the solution. My floppy DTV card (as the alle do :D) via USB. And the USB port caused the problem. After the update I never had TVServer hangups after resume anymore.

yahoodee

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 17, 2006
    Frankfurt am Main
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: TV-Service doesn't respond after second resume from S3 because of PowerScheduler

styriaman: I had similar Errors before and after a while i got rid of them by searching the Error-Messages in this forum, but the annoying with my current Problem is that is no Error-Message at all!!!

I ordered another Firewire addon-card because I got told that cards with VIA-Chipset (like mine) often causes trouble. I will report back in a while...

kiwijunglist

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • June 10, 2008
    New Zealand
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have same problem too. Problem relates to letting powerscheduler plugin put the computer to sleep after inactivity and then having a resume for recording, which causes a crash. I posted error report with logs, but no one replied.

Here's my original thread -> https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/general-support-51/mp-1-0-2-direct3d-crash-resume-logs-70672/
    Still experiencing the problem in MP 1.1 Alpha
    I've had to disable powerscheduler from initiating sleep due to inactivity, and let windows put the system to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom