TV Service slow going (1 Viewer)

geoffw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    hi

Could please someone point me in the direction of a good post reply around troubleshooting slow TV service, specifically;

1. Slow Channel lock-on (takes 20-30 secs for a TV channel to start playing)
    2. Slow DB (Entering a new scheduled TV recording takes 30 secs before the red record icon appears next to the program - and until it does TV service unresponsive).

I've had a look at W7 resource monitor for excessive CPU, Disk Queue Length etc and this doesn't appear to be related to lack of compute / store resources.

Cheers, Geoff.

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi Geoff

In order to get some targetted help, please gather some logs so that people will be able to identify what processes might be causing the problem. Also, please update your specification page (if you have upgraded from 1.2.3, which is what is showing on your profile).

How long have you had the problem? Ever since you joined MP in 2008, or only recently?

Thanks

Robbo100

geoffw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Robbo

Thanks for reply. Please find attached logfiles. One is for Slow Schdld Rec Entry and the other for Slow TV Show.

I know my version is a bit old, but i like old, functional and quick...WAF goes down with changes to GUI too!

Thanks again, Geoff.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Geoff, I think you've almost certainly got a real-time scanner product such as MS Security Essentials installed on that PC. When set to scan the MP and TV Server program, timeshift and record folders, such scanners dramatically slow down the responsiveness of MP and TV Server.
    Can you confirm?

geoffw

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 28, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    thanks MM, it was exactly as you hypothesized. I've customized Security Essentials to Exclude TVService.exe and MediaPortal.exe and that's fixed it good. TV on down to 5 secs and recording 1 sec. Good stuff. I've also excluded .ts;.mkv;.avi;.mp4 file types for good measure. Is there anything more i should be checking? Thanks again - geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom