TV servier is crashing! (1 Viewer)

breedalot

Portal Member
April 6, 2008
hi I get TV server crashes but only sometimes, the front end is always fine but TV server goes I also sometimes seem to get a TV card that goes missing though it shows up in device manager. I am affrade i cant make head nor tail of the logs so I will post them here!

if you need anymore then i will post them please ask.

thanks you in advance!

ben

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Ben

Looks like the cause of the crash is this:
    2013-04-01 11:55:39.865402 [TVService(6)]: TvControllerException: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
    at TvService.TVController.InitController()
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStates(Int32 idSchedule)
    at TvDatabase.Schedule.SynchProgramStatesForAll()
    at TvService.TVController.InitController()

How many schedules do you have?
    @gibman any thoughts?

Regarding this:
    ...I also sometimes seem to get a TV card that goes missing though it shows up in device manager.
    I see you have two Hauppauge tuners. Is it one specific one that goes missing, or can it be either (or even both)?
    From you description I think it is probably just TV Server detecting your tuners before the tuner driver has had a chance to fully initialise (either after resume or after cold boot). Try using this setting:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ration/06_General#Delay_for_TV_card_detection

mm

breedalot

Portal Member
    April 6, 2008
    hi mm

thanks for the tip I have already set that to 2 but i have extended it to 5 so I will see how that goes!

my schedules up to about 16 and I don't think I have ever had more than 20. I have changed some setting on the the Database program (seting the service to restart if it stops) and this seems to have made crashes much more in frequent.

thanks

ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom