TV show source folder (1 Viewer)

wogboy112

Portal Pro
January 18, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi,

I have recently bought a NAS and want to move my tvshow collection from local drives to a network share (eg \\nas\TVshows) is there a way to move the files and then a quick way to change all the TVShows from J:\"movie name" to \\nas\TVshows\"movie name"

rather than having to do a re-import?

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
If drive (partition) J:\ only holds the tvshow collection and therefor would be empty after the move of all files, simply remove the drive letter J: from the drive. Then map a network drive J: to the network share \\nas\TVshows\. You can assign any other drive letter to the partition formerly known as J:

edit: found your other thread. Simply move the whole content to the NAS. Remove J from the hard drive. Map network drive with J to the nas-folder.

Last edited:

StarWup

Portal Pro
April 7, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
I don't know in detail how MPExtended works. But if you map a network drive J: to your NAS shared folder \\nas\TVshows\ the network folder is still reachable with the unc path \\nas\TVshows\, too. I can't believe that MPExtended only works properly with UNC-Paths. What if one doesn't have a NAS but local hard drives only?

[edit, again: Found this in the MPExtendes manual: "
How can I stream from network drives?
First of all, you have to create an account on your computer with exactly the same username and password as an account on the server. This account should have access to the network drive.
Next, you should configure MPExtended to use that account. You can do this in the configuration program, on the Configuration tab. Enter the username and password, click Test (a confirmation of valid credentials should popup), and finally click OK to save your settings. It might be needed to restart the service afterwards.
Using mapped network drives does not work. You need to use UNC paths (\\SERVER\directory\path.mkv) instead of the mapped paths (M:\path.mkv). This means that (if used) Moving Pictures, MP-TVSeries, MyFilms and MediaPortal itself needs to be configured to use UNC paths instead of mapped network drives."

Software is buggy :) Contact the developers :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom