tv shows change name in EPG (1 Viewer)

dihoff

Portal Pro
October 29, 2009
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi guys,

this may be specific to Oz, however... i have a bunch of schedules setup for various shows, MP records these no worries, with the exception that when the show name is changed, e.g. "How I Met Your Mother - Double", "Bones - New", MP doesn't record these because the names don't match with the schedule that's setup ("How I Met Your Mother", "Bones").

can MP be tweaked so that if the first part of the title matches, it records?

i missed out on the Covert Affairs Pilot last night because of such a name change. it's pretty annoying.

any ideas, i'm all ears!

cheers,

dh.

RodB

Portal Member
January 9, 2007
Home Country
I am in Wollongong and I had the same problem with webepg - sometimes a program would end in -M and another time it would end in -PG, so it wouldn't get recorded the second time. I now use Guidedigger version 6.0 (there is now version 6.1) and that has worked well for me for several months. You can download it from Index of /guidedigger

It generates a XTML file in MP format and drops it into the MP folder, so MP automatically sees it has changed and updates the EPG. I use MP 1.0.2.

I run Guidedigger on a Windows schedule every couple of days.

Good luck with your EPG. I use MP mostly for TV and a reliable EPG is vital for me.

Regards
Rodb

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Use ForTheRecord for doing your scheduling, it will record above names with no problem, as you can set it to record anything with "How I Met Your Mother" in the name and also too only record new episodes.

dihoff

Portal Pro
    October 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thanks for the replies thus far. i've had a brief look at guidedigger in the past, but not for this particular concern, so i'll take another look.

4tr is getting more appealing! i'm going to wait until the new version comes out (for MP 1.1 FINAL) and give it a whirl.

cheers,

dh.

surfermc

Portal Pro
    May 7, 2006
    Dorset
    Home Country
    England England
    4tr is getting more appealing! i'm going to wait until the new version comes out (for MP 1.1 FINAL) and give it a whirl.
    Once you have used 4tr there is no going back. :) It is much more flexible in defining the rules for you schedues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom