TV Shows slow load speed (1 Viewer)

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi

Just chanding to MP from WMC. Im trying to open a specific tvshow for the first time, which are .wtv files and its taking several minutes to come up. The files are stored on the network on 2008r2 server running from a win7 client. The network speed is fine. Does anyone know what I can do to find out why this happens, or is this to be expected. The client box Im running this on isn't under load.

So just to be clear
    MP Server\Client is running on Win 7 box, not under load with good network speed, trying to open a wtv show over the network, which is stored on a winserver 28r2 box, again box not under load

Is there any logging I can turn on maybe to see what the process is doing?

Also there is no visual prompt that loading is happening, you click the button, wait then after a few minutes the show launches, is this how it should be?

TIA

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi and welcome Rob

Could you please post logs? Only takes a minute:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Forum/How_to_post_logs
    Follow the instructions for reproducible problems and when you get to the bit about playing the WTV file simply attempt to play one. Once it has started, let it play for 10 or 15 seconds, then close MP and continue with the remaining few instructions.

mm

Rob Thomson

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 9, 2012
    Home Country
    Great Britain (UK) Great Britain (UK)
    Hi sorry have done a complete rebuild and have some issues to work on first getting mp working again, thanks for your reply will get back to you with logs if I can reproduce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom