TV-signal drop-outs with Terratec 2400i? (1 Viewer)

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi!

I've been using a dual-tuner Terratec 2400i for a while now. It has worked pretty well and recovered nicely from stand-by, which was the reason for replacing my old TV-card.

Having said that, over the last months I've had issues with some recordings not being completed, and TV freezing during timeshifting. I've replaced codec and tried about a zillion SVNs, but no success. During timeshift the problem was solved by changing channel and then back again. Lost recordings were of course lost.

Recently I became very annoyed and decided to try to revert back to TV2E instead. I would miss HDTV but rather a working systems than HDTV. All the way I've assumed that the root cause is TV3E... Perhaps this was unfair as I had a freeze in 10 mins after starting a program, now using TV2E. I checked the log and it seems as it lost the TV signal...?

I "googled" a little and found some related posts elsewhere, but not in any MP forum. I now start to suspect the TV-card itself being the root cause.

I am using the latest drivers for this card, from July 2007. The signal as measured by MP is strong and clean.

Has anyone of you 2400i-users experienced anything similar to this? Sudden freezes without anything in the log :confused:

Cheers

/Peter

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    petsa

Yes 2400i a good card, but have heard of failures with them, a particular chipset involved i believe (has been changed).

This also can happen to the hauppauge T500 as well, but as a general under warranty manufacturing failure, not down to any known component.

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Finally I found the reason. It was a HW problem with my TV-card. With a new card of the same type the problem is gone.

/Peter

bermag

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have put my HTPC project on hold (had to much else to do) and have not been playing with MP for some months.

But I have had the same problem as you ( i think we have been discussing the issue here some time ago). I am very interested to hear more about this. Did you get a replacement card on warranty? How did you find out it was really a HW problem? Any specific chip versions etc?

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi bermag,

I won't comment on the quality of the cards from Terratec but here is what happened:

- I bought the first card from them that tuned all channels well and seemed to work well

- Until I realized that it would loose the signal after some 3-10 minutes after resuming from S3 sleep

- So I send the card back and actually bought another card, same make same model

- Installed the new card and it worked fine, no resume problems

- Until I realized that only one of the two tuners worked. I could not scan with one of them, not in MP not in Terratec's own SW

- By this time I had gotten an RMA card back for the first one I sent back so I installed that beginning of this week.

And it works! No resume problems, both tuners working (so far)!

I hope to get my money back fo the second card because I don't really have a need for four tuners, nor do I have the PCI-E slots to install it.

So, either I have been very unlucky, or there is a quality problem with this card from Terratec. Having said that, they have not argued about the replacement of the cards so it has been a fairly smooth process to get the cards replaced.

/Peter

Hildebrandt

Portal Pro
    June 9, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I have the 2400i - and was very pleased with it to start... Used MP .22 and it was fine - soon there appeared the same problem as mentioned above - one tuner stopped working, couldn't tune channels... RMAed with terratec in germany (no problems RMAing) and the replacement worked very well... Since .230 i've had problems with blockiness when attempting to watch TV in MP... Using the software supplied with the card there is no problem watching TV.. So... I've read post elsewhere reporting that the card has a problem with weak signals... I also suspect that part of the problem must be recent versions of MP (since it worked to begin with) - 1.0 didn't improve this...
    I'm planning to try again - new BDA drivers from Terratec, and if that doesn't work, i'll try the supplied software, just to make sure its not the card...
    Never tried the resume thingy, though...

defcon5

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2006
    Barcelona (Catalonia)
    Hi

I´m too owner a Cinergy 2400i and have problems watching some channels in my country if the card works with TVE3. No with MP 0.2.3.
    The issue is when I try preview (from TVE3 config) or viewing (from MP+TVE3) one of this channels I get message "Unable to create graph". After, if i select another channel an come back to conflict channel I get watch it.

I have also, problems when I recorded from stand by one of this conflict channels, the reecorded program isn´t complet.

All this issues don´t succed with MP 0.2.3.

I have lastest dirvers installed from I bought this card (2 months ago)

Is this a problem with Terratec 2400i card or a general issue with dual DVB-T cards? I read this threat:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ce-unresponsive-dual-tuner-dvb-t-cards-35543/

Cheers

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Decompose fails.

That problem has been resolved with the latest svn, never had both cards working so well with standby.

So far not a single failure, its like the old days with the builtin MyTV using pvr-scheduler.

defcon5

Portal Pro
    April 16, 2006
    Barcelona (Catalonia)
    Decompose fails.

That problem has been resolved with the latest svn, never had both cards working so well with standby.

So far not a single failure, its like the old days with the builtin MyTV using pvr-scheduler.

Thnks Ray

So...the problem with Terratec 2400i card user´s will be another thing because for me not resolve with friday last weekly SVN RC1

I don´t know understand log files. Please tell me what log files can help me to found issue with "my" Cinergy 2400i, and I´ll attach here in next message .

Thanks in advance

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    With my Terratec 2400i i had issue with bad soldering which i had to fix(glad i know how to do that) + that i had to bend the case fittings cause else pins back on the card didn't connect properly causing second tuner to fail....

btw: defcon5, attach logs so i can compare to mine.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom