TV Slow to start (Server/Client Setup) (1 Viewer)

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    Hello, I have just gone from a single seat setup to a Server/Client setup. For the most part all went well except that TV takes 20 - 25 seconds to start.

I have read in this thread https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/live-tv-slow-on-client.97900/#post-759992 that it can be caused by slow name resolution. I have tried the suggested fixes and none have worked.

I am using the IP address of the the server in the Mediportal Client setup.

Logs attached.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Attachments

• evr.bak
      52 bytes

mbuzina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 11, 2005
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Your delay is here:
    2012-02-24 16:35:19.635729 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: CiMenu: PrepareCiMenu
    2012-02-24 16:35:41.250965 [Info.][(6)]: PowerScheduler: Keep server alive
    2012-02-24 16:35:48.924404 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: succeeded:confused:ucceeded TvControl.VirtualCard
    2012-02-24 16:35:48.976407 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: tvhome:startplay
    so I guess it is your CI that delays the game.

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    Thanks for the help mbuzina. I have disabled the Power scheduler plugin and that shaved 7 seconds off the startup. Has anyone got any idea what may be causing the delay in the prepartion of the CiMenu.

I have read that the CiMenu relates to CAM on the digital tuner cards. I have a Digital now Dual Hybrid PCIe S2 and a Dual Hybrid PCIe neither of which has the CAM option enabled. Neither of these cards experienced this delay in startup with my single seat setup.

Regards

Javelin:)

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    Thanks mubzina. I thought of that as well. CAM is already disabled in the TV server by default. I think it could be a driver problem for the Dual Hybrid PCIe. I removed it and TV now starts in approx 5 secs. There is no Windows 7 driver for that card. In my single seat setup whoch was also Windows 7 I just used the Vista driver and there was no problem. So trying to work out why it won't work again.:)

Javelin

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 27, 2006
    Nth Richmond NSW
    Home Country
    Problem solved, turns out the antenna socket on one of my tuner cards had a cold solder joint. Repaired that and bingo no more problem.

Cam

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2012
    Georgia
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Having the same tuning time problem here too, But I have 2 HDHomerun prime tuners (3 Tuners each) with a cable card in each one , in which the CAM needs to be enabled.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Please specify a date, time, channel name and estimated tuning time of a channel that you thought was slow to tune.
    The TV Server log files (not included by the watchdog unless you run it on the server) may also be required.

P.S. This thread is now almost 3 years old. It is usually better to start a new thread which includes links to older thread(s) if necessary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom