[solved] TV sound but no picture (2 Viewers)

Werner123

Portal Member
January 6, 2018
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello,
I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV stations (no picture). For some it works with sound and video. Before cleaning up windows they all worked. I updated the satelitte list and used Astra 19.2. Any idea? The logs are attached.
Cheers

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-11-21-19.28.23.zip
    1.1 MB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello,
    I have installed the latest Media Portal 2 version on a clean new Windows 10 installation. Now I only get sound for some TV stations (no picture). For some it works with sound and video. Before cleaning up windows they all worked. I updated the satelitte list and used Astra 19.2. Any idea? The logs are attached.
    Cheers
    I took a look into the logs and I could not find any errors related to this. So I assume an issue with LAV.
    Did you try reinstalling MP2 once (repair option should be enough)?

Werner123

Portal Member
    January 6, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thanks for the advise. I had installed Media Portal 2 on a clean Windows version. Anyway I just tried to repair it and it came up error "0x80070490". Logs attached. My next step would be to uninstall it and install it again. Any other suggestions?

Attachments

• MediaPortal_2_20221122193546.log
      12 KB

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am having the same issue with a fresh install of Windows 11. I'm getting sound on all movies and live tv, but no video/picture. In case it may help I'm adding my own logs...

Mediaportal 2.4.1 downloaded last week.
    Windows 11 clean install.

If I need to create another bug report just let me know...

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-11-24-11.08.59.zip
      545.3 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There is unfortunately nothing related to it in the logs. Were all windows updates installed? I installed 2.4 once on a fresh windows 11 without issues, but I can not reproduce it now, I’ve no pc for that.
    @joecrow any idea?

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Ok, maybe we are moving ahead. I had a look at the different video file format I have and I tried to play a file from each one. Here is the result…
    — AVI files play correctly (video and sound);
    — TS files play only sound (no video);
    — MP4 files create an error [1] that appear twice on each run.
    — MKV files create the above problem/error.

I have had errors reading MP4 since many years (not sure about MKV) but the problem with TS file is brand new. It happens even when playing a DVD (sound only).

If I terminate MP2 while playing a DVD, the cyberlink app keeps open and I can restart playing the DVD but now with video!
    I previously uninstalled Mediaportal (completely) before reinstalling it. I provide the log files in case it helps.

[1] Error message is:
    “Error playing media item
    Unable to play media item ‘filename.ext’”

Attachments

• MediaPortal2-Logs-2022-11-25-14.15.45.zip
      311.4 KB

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok, maybe we are moving ahead. I had a look at the different video file format I have and I tried to play a file from each one. Here is the result…
    — AVI files play correctly (video and sound);
    — TS files play only sound (no video);
    — MP4 files create an error [1] that appear twice on each run.
    — MKV files create the above problem/error.

I have had errors reading MP4 since many years (not sure about MKV) but the problem with TS file is brand new. It happens even when playing a DVD (sound only).

If I terminate MP2 while playing a DVD, the cyberlink app keeps open and I can restart playing the DVD but now with video!
    I previously uninstalled Mediaportal (completely) before reinstalling it. I provide the log files in case it helps.

[1] Error message is:
    “Error playing media item
    Unable to play media item ‘filename.ext’”
    Seems you have missing video codecs on your system. Windows 11 should natively play mkv and mp4 files though.
    [Solved] Can't Play MP4 Files on Windows 10/ 11
    Try installing a codec pack Media Player Codec Pack or install manually the latest LAV codec.

Werner123

Portal Member
    January 6, 2018
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After installing the LAV codec it works! Thx

jfd553

Portal Member
    January 2, 2016
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Seems you have missing video codecs on your system. Windows 11 should natively play mkv and mp4 files though.
    Thanks, I'll try to install one of the proposed codec pack later today :)
    However, and excuse me such naïve question, how can the DVD application on my system work properly without these codecs?

BTW, it also worked for me :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom