TV stability and various issues (1 Viewer)

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I'm running a single seat MP 1.6 with the following TV hardware:
    Here is the kind of issues I'm having:
    • Quite often the English Audio channel is blank. Reboot fixes the issue. My provider default audio is German and it always works fine.
    • I can't tune to HD+ channels such as Pro 7 HD. Probably an issue with my CAM.
    • Often it won't tune on any channel any more and/or just freeze until reboot or at least restart of TV server.
    Looking at our TV Card compatibility list I also realized that Multichannel Decoding is not supported for my card.
    What does this mean exactly? Does it means each tuner can decode a single channel? Since my card has 2 tuners it should still be able to decode 2 channels right?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Stephane

Quite often the English Audio channel is blank. Reboot fixes the issue. My provider default audio is German and it always works fine.
    Might be related to this...
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv-missing-audio-stream-in-records-sky.123748/

...but without log files it is total speculation.

I can't tune to HD+ channels such as Pro 7 HD. Probably an issue with my CAM.
    Again, can't say anything without log files.

Often it won't tune on any channel any more and/or just freeze until reboot or at least restart of TV server.
    And again: logs.

Please understand. I'd like to help, but you haven't supplied even nearly enough information for me to make sensible comments.

Looking at our TV Card compatibility list I also realized that Multichannel Decoding is not supported for my card.
    What does this mean exactly? Does it means each tuner can decode a single channel? Since my card has 2 tuners it should still be able to decode 2 channels right?
    Please read the example given in the wiki. It specifically mentions the DD case.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...m/01_Supported_TV_Cards#Multichannel_Decoding

I wrote that explanation, and I can't explain it any clearer than that.

mm

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I can't tune to HD+ channels such as Pro 7 HD. Probably an issue with my CAM.
    Again, can't say anything without log files.

Alright here are logs for that one use case. I was trying with a maxcam twin v2 and the latest firmware v2.21
    All I did is start MP go to TV guide and select RTL2 HD for which I had proper EPG data.
    All I got was a black screen after waiting maybe 10 seconds.
    I can tune to free TV and Sky channels.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If my smart card is not present I get the scrambled error message. So it looks like we somehow detect that access to that channel is granted but still the stream does not come through.
    I'm getting similar issues with many other channels.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ok I tried on the tuner integrated with my TV and it's the same problem there. So it sounds like an issue with those maxcam CAM.
    Both maxcam twin and maxcam twin v2 just can't decrypt many channels it seems. With a smart card Sky V13 only the channels from Sky Deutschland are working the ones from HD+ are not.
    I also tried getting some French TNT SAT channels with a viaccess 5 smart card and that's also not working.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Alright here are logs for that one use case. I was trying with a maxcam twin v2 and the latest firmware v2.21
    All I did is start MP go to TV guide and select RTL2 HD for which I had proper EPG data.
    All I got was a black screen after waiting maybe 10 seconds.
    I can tune to free TV and Sky channels.
    From the TV Server side it looked like it worked:
    [2014-03-13 19:16:42,450] [Log ] [25 ] [INFO ] - card: Tune on card 3 to subchannel RTL2 HD
    [2014-03-13 19:16:43,723] [Log ] [25 ] [INFO ] - card: WaitForFile - video and audio are seen after 0.1130065 seconds

On the MP side lots of "PES H264 0-0-1 fail", which tells me that the channel is still encrypted. TV Server can't tell that it is encrypted because the provider uses PES level encryption which TV Server currently doesn't support (TVE 3.5 will solve this problem).

In other words, I agree the problem is with your CAM or smartcard or subscription. Make sure you give enough time for the CAM to receive your entitlements (activate the smartcard) when you try it in the TV. It usually takes a bit of time to start working.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    So TVE 3.5 will be able to tell me it's encrypted... I'm already looking forward to that :)
    Sorry for making fun and thanks a lot for looking into that.
    Do you know when 3.5 will make it to MP1?
    I guess I still have to find myself a proper CAM, any recommendation?

radical

Portal Pro
    December 16, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure you have subscription for HD+? Have you tested it in an regular dvb-s receiver? HD+ is independent from sky subscription.

Stéphane Lenclud

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 29, 2013
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Are you sure you have subscription for HD+? Have you tested it in an regular dvb-s receiver? HD+ is independent from sky subscription.

It's not strictly speaking HD+ but it is basically the HD+ channels through my Sky subscription.
    See: http://www.sky.de/web/cms/de/abo-infopopup-pakete.jsp?selectedArea=hd
    In Sky Welt it says "Bei Sat-Empfang: Inklusive allen HD+ Sendern (private Free-TV Sender in HD, z.B. RTL HD, Sat.1 HD) 12 Monate kostenlos"
    I'm pretty sure they still work on my sky receiver. I'll double check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom