Tv Tuner... MP interface Help (1 Viewer)

Anthony_xdl

January 19, 2010
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, I am new to MP and I need help with understanding a few things.

I am looking to get this TV Tuner: Diamond ATI TV Wonder 650 USB TV Tuner... from Frys and IDK if it is supported so that I can watch TV and record from my computer or not. I also don't know how I would go about setting it up. And When I go to the TV Setup, it says the IP wasn't found that was selected.. How do I change it back to the original?
Also when I try to play my movies in MP it wont play them so I had to make it play in an external player it says... Unable to Play...(movie name) Video Codec: Xvid Audio Codec: Mp3 (or AC3):confused::confused::confused::confused: And How Do I go back to the main menu when I enter places like Music, TV, Radio, etc. IDK how to go back to the main menu... I am using Streamed MP Skin.

HELP!!!!!!!!!

THANKS FOR ANY REPLYS :):):):):):):):) And they are much appreciated
:D:D:D:D

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I too bought the 650 USB at Fry's $29.99 pricing (plus s/h) and was curious to see what a "dual" combo tuner really was. Sad to say it only supports a single ATSC or NTSC feed at a time. Haven't tried pushing the "dual" language but it may be able to support one format each simultaneously as there are TWO of the Samsung TECC1149 (NTSC/ATSC) chips on its PCI-e brethren. Oh well, not a bad price to add an ATSC tuner to my MP setup. Oh, and it does really good S-video capture from my DirecTV box! (YES, I'd had issue with my Hauppauge 1600's capture ability - not something I use very often at all but would like to know I can should I want to capture old Hi-8 video tapes for DIGITAL preservation!)

As for setting it up, load the ATi drivers and the PC should list the device in your Device Manager as a video device (where the codecs are). You install tuners into MP from the SERVER application. Up top you see the IP, click the "+" symbol and you get the tuner options. Should be one ATSC and one Analog. That's where you start with a scan of ATSC followed by setting them up in the TV Channels tab, assigning channels to a card (because you MAY want to limit which cards support which channels in a multi-card system), etc. LOTS of detail I don't want to explain here...

Are you playing .avi files? What needs XviD? And AC3? Are you attempting to passthrough your DolbyDigital audio stream? Sounds like you're new and need a tour... not something I want to do here but if you have a specific file extension you're having issue with then POPULATE your MySystem profile on this forum, post some specific questions and we'll try.

The <Esc> key is your friend. Use it often to traverse back UP from where you came!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom