1.15.0 - Tv/video closes out of nothing

Discussion in 'Archive' started by killer8, January 11, 2017.

1. killer8

killer8 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Hi,

I'm running Mediaportal 1.16 pre release for some time now. Yesterday evening I was watching tv shows through MP-tvseries. While watching out of nothing the video stopped playing like I had pressed the stop button on my remote. This happened twice. After that I restarted my pc and no problems occured anymore.

Now today I was watching tv through mediaportal and after some time it stopped again like I pressed the stop button and went back to the tv screen with the buttons and tv view at the right side(black as no tv was playing anymore).

Based on the logs I couldn't find out what happened or caused this but prior to 1.16 pre release I never had this problem.

Can you help me. I've attached a watchdog zip. This zip was created about 1 minute after the problem happened the last time I think.

Thanks in advance

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,269 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    Hi :) it is because audio was removed but it can be another audio device removed but still MP react to stop the playback lol
    There is a WIP installer that should solve this based on @Rick164 rework :p

You can try this installer based on latest code : http://tinyurl.com/hx86tqh and tell us if it works :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  4. Sebastiii
    • Team MediaPortal

Sebastiii Development Group

Ratings:
    +10,269 / 9
    Home Country:
    France France
    Show System Specs
    More information based on your logs :

Code (Text):
    1. [2017-01-11 21:10:33,631] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: WM_DEVICECHANGE (Event: DBT_DEVICEREMOVECOMPLETE)
    2. [2017-01-11 21:10:33,632] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: Device type is DBT_DEVTYP_DEVICEINTERFACE - Name: High Definition Audio-apparaat
    3. [2017-01-11 21:10:33,633] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [INFO ] - Main: Audio Renderer High Definition Audio-apparaat removed
    4. [2017-01-11 21:10:33,634] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - GraphicContext: device audio removed - Count 14
    5. [2017-01-11 21:10:33,634] [Log    ] [MPMain   ] [DEBUG] - Main: Stop playback

• Like Like x 1
  5. killer8

killer8 Portal Pro

Ratings:
    +186 / 2
    Home Country:
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Show System Specs
    Thanks, I've checked it and it seems somehow the audio jacket thinks it's connected when it's not. Now I know where to look in the logs. Seems not really related to MP but just coincidence it started with the 1.16 update.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!