TV working intermittently (1 Viewer)

jfdathome

December 16, 2013
Home Country
Turkey Turkey
Hello,

since upgrading to MP 1.5 I am getting a few issues.

I am in the UK using SD FreeView only. I am using Titan.

The less important one is that when the PC is re-started (this happens nightly) MediaPortal sometimes hangs waiting for the TV Service to start. I have tried playing with delayed starts and have now set the TV Service to keep restarting on a failure. I can manually kill MediaPortal and restart the TV Service manually if needed, but it is not too slick.

The really important one is that live TV and recordings are no longer reliable! Often if I select BBC 1 one of the following will happen:
- MediaPortal freezes for up to 30 seconds (not timed) then EPG becomes responsive again with no error reported.
- After a few seconds the tiny preview / now playing box appears above the EPG briefly (with a live picture), but again returned to the EPG with no error.
- the screen goes black with no audio, but menus and pause appear to work and stop returns me back to the EPG.
- The video stutters and the fails
- the video and audio stutter until in sync (up to a minute) then plays perfectly
- it all works immediately (this is the least frequent outcome).

Everything use to work well in MP 1.3 and prior. MP 1.4 had some issues, but I was not on it for long. MP 1.5 is a nightmare now (reliability is more desirable to me now a days as the missus wants me to ditch MP and get Sky).

I have tried:
- reinstalling MP 1.5 several times.
- rescanning the TV stations
- changing all the codecs from ffdshow to LAV (and back and back to LAV again)
- uninstalling ffdshow
- uninstalling MPExtended
- shouting at the TV

I have attached MP logs from both the client and server.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a lot,
James

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom