TV works on TV Server but not on Clients (1 Viewer)

Ricky Green

Portal Member
April 26, 2012
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hello, I've searched until I'm crazy, and I can't find anything in the logs. I was wondering if someone would mind to please look over my logs and see if they see anything odd. My problem is I can stream TV to my server without much issue, but when I try to view TV on my client, it doesn't work. I can open MP on the client and select a channel, then it freezes for several minutes and I get the error message that connection to the TV server has been lost. I have checked that my "Default Provider" is the IP address of my server. The logs I'm including are of my client. Are the logs of the server needed also? Thanks in advance for any help someone could give. If someone could just point me in the right direction it would be great.

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    do you entered the local ip adress from your tv server in the tv settings in your client?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello Ricky

So if you can see the channels from the server on the client then the client is able to connect to the database on the server.
    The messages in your log files indicate that you can see the channels, and that your server tuned successfully.
    The problem seems to be:
    2012-12-05 17:34:10.339197 [Info.][TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread(11)]: TVHome: OnRemotingDisconnected

Possibly a firewall on either the server or client - please try with all firewalls disabled. Don't forget the built in Windows firewall.
    Also, make sure your server IP address is static.

mm

gurken

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    in your router you can define a fix ip for your local machines, or you define the networkname from your server than the ip does not play a role

Ricky Green

Portal Member
    April 26, 2012
    Home Country
    I had thought about the firewall issue too, but I have firewall disabled on all my machines. I run a Juniper firewall on the edge of my network so no machines go through it. The server and the client both run to an unmanaged switch and both have firewall disabled. I was leading that way too, but I've double checked but can't find any reason they shouldn't be connecting and staying connected. I've been working with this some more but still haven't made any progress. I would still love to have any ideas anyone has.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Please have a look at the gentle.config file on your client(s). Maybe there is "localhost" used in connection string. This happens every now and then. This must be IP or SMB- Name of your TV Server, not localhost...

Ricky Green

Portal Member
    April 26, 2012
    Home Country
    I've checked my Gentle.config file. It has the IP of my server like it should. It looks like I'm connecting to SQL just fine, but something happens to cause it to disconnect. I can actually choose the channel, but when I try to view it, the whole mess freezes up until the request times out. I keep noticing "TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread(11)]: TVHome: OnRemotingDisconnected". Looks like this might be the issue, but I have no idea what it means or where to start looking. Google and searching the forums have been no help so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom