TVE received huge improvement and is no working anymore (1 Viewer)

luis7

Portal Pro
February 22, 2012
Home Country
Spain Spain
I,ve been trying to use siteparser with the two url´s avobe and i can get categories and subcategories, but i´m not able to get the video list. There is something on the source code i don´t understand and i give up. I think siteparser is really a good tool but the user must be more advanced than me. (My english is not good enought neither). Thanks for the guide. Bye.

doskabouter

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 27, 2009
    Nuenen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Too bad you're giving up so fast. Sure it has a steep learning curve, and all those webmasters are doing their best to hide things, but the end-result can be very rewarding!

Edit: Just investigated mitele.es, and that one needs some c# programming to play the videos...

Last edited:

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    I investigated time ago about www.mitele.es, www.lasexta.com/lasextaon and www.antena3.com/videos/ but they all need c# coding to have ALL the data correctly. Antena3 and lasexta are easyer than mitele to implement, but you need to know some .NET coding, how to mount the project and the methods to override to implement them. I'm not .NET coder (I'm java coder), I really don't know how to mount the .NET project (but I don't think it would be dificult) and i searched for an explanation of witch methods do I had to override but I didn't found this info nowhere. So it's difficult for me to do it, but if nobody does it, maibe in a future (espect near future) i'll try to implement those.

Last edited:

Dj_Moren

Portal Pro
    November 7, 2009
    I know that,, but can you tell me which methods do i have to implement/override? I searched for those in the wiki but i can't find anything.
    I.e. https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...s/OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone/MetaCafeUtil.cs overrides Initialize and getUrl methods, https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...ojects/OnlineVideos.Sites.offbyone/WDRUtil.cs overrides DiscoverDynamicCategories and getVideoList. I don't know where can I search witch methods do i need to override (i can see the methods in GenericSiteUtil obviusly, but don't know why override one and no other). I also want to know if this combines with siteparser info, or once needed to do some coding all the parsing have to be done here. And i don't know how to link this coded site and test/link it with OV. Dedicating a lot of time (i'm not an expert coder, nor .NET coder) and asking a lot i would achieve it, but if i woud have that info somewhere, maibe any example explained, it would be much easyer for me (and I supose for more people). Thanks in advance.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If you start a fresh site you should inherit from SiteUtilBase.
    https://code.google.com/p/mp-online...trunk/OnlineVideos/Sites/Base/SiteUtilBase.cs
    All virtual methods that you can override have a detailed explanation on top (in visual
    Studio you should see it pop up in the intellisense when writing override in your class). You only have to override one method, but depending on how you want to generate categories, add search, ... maybe more.

Inheriting from GenericSiteUtil is only useful when you can use most of the stuff implemented there.

For a simple start, install MP in the default directories, checkout the complete Onlinevideos SVN, open it in VS and implement your site in one of the siteutil projects that is already there. (You can even simply put your code into an existing class to get to the goal even faster).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom