TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-10-2008 05-09h Revision 17368 (1 Viewer)

coyotefxl

July 13, 2006
Hello,
I was a silent reader of the forum but now I reply to tell that even recording in TS is broken with scheduled recordings but not with liveTV. I haven't tested MPG but it was broken in the TVS from last tuesday if I remember well. Also, like other canadians said, NA MPEG-2 HD has black screen with only audio with all codecs except Dscaler with is nearly OK but has the known audio sync problem. I think that's the video is playing slower than the audio so with time, the sync problem is more and more problematic.

(DVB-S), 1 Hauppauge PVR-150 (Not using for now), Win XP Pro SP2 French

niblick

Portal Member
December 18, 2006
Can't complete a scan of Hotbird 13 with this build (or the previous one). TVservice crashes every time on this transponder :

51=11681,H,27500,34,DVB-S

If I remove it, scan completes OK.

Logs attached from a scan with only this and the preceding H polarity transponder in the ini file. First tp scans OK, second one kills the service.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Can't complete a scan of Hotbird 13 with this build (or the previous one). TVservice crashes every time on this transponder :

51=11681,H,27500,34,DVB-S

If I remove it, scan completes OK.

Logs attached from a scan with only this and the preceding H polarity transponder in the ini file. First tp scans OK, second one kills the service.

I can confirm this problem...

Roby

cbadk

Portal Pro
    November 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    @ tourettes,

The problem with the slow channel switching was caused by the driver. Im currently using the old one (1.0.5.4) becourse the new one(1-1-0-300) have problems with tuning and scanning both cards at the same time, and can course the last card not to work at all. So i tried writing to Twinhan for a solution. The new driver only takes 4-5 sec for channel change and for HD 6-8 sec.

Regards,
    Claus

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Posted several SVN's ago, not being able to view sky sports etc. while sky HD channels ok.

Found problem was with sky card, not enabling normal channels, whilst HD ok. Didn't think to check due to HD ok.

Thought I ought to pass info on.

:oops: :sorry:

niblick

Portal Member
    December 18, 2006
    Also having problems with new style tt drivers (5.0.0.x) and last 2 builds. Can start MP and tune to a channel but changing to a new channel using miniepg results in timeshifting timeout. If I stop TV I can tune to a channel again. Occurs systematically on second card when first card is busy and sometimes on first card only.

Do not have this problem with old style drivers (4.x.x.x).

Attached logs from test run where card 1 is recording on tp1 (ITV2). MP client starts and tunes to tp2(SKY News) - this works. Attempt to tune MP client to tp3 (BBC News 24) via miniepg fails.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Also having problems with new style tt drivers (5.0.0.x) and last 2 builds. Can start MP and tune to a channel but changing to a new channel using miniepg results in timeshifting timeout. If I stop TV I can tune to a channel again. Occurs systematically on second card when first card is busy and sometimes on first card only.

Do not have this problem with old style drivers (4.x.x.x).

Attached logs from test run where card 1 is recording on tp1 (ITV2). MP client starts and tunes to tp2(SKY News) - this works. Attempt to tune MP client to tp3 (BBC News 24) via miniepg fails.

can you test the attached tswriter? I write some more information about the tt card to the log.

please post back your log!

niblick

Portal Member
    December 18, 2006
    Thanks morpheus.

New logs attached from test with your tswriter version. Test scenario was identical to my previous post. Result also identical.

mcraenz

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2007
    Auckland
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    morpheus_xx:
    What you're doing with the TT Budget 1500 is great! For a very long time I've had the issue where the de-scrambling doesn't work the first ~3-5 times I try to tune. Since your patch that works around this problem things are better but still not working.

-1st Tune I get "No Audio/video detected"
    -2nd Tune I get "Channel is Scrambled"
    -3rd Tune it works!

Is anything else you can do to work around it even more!?
    (I have a DVB-S 1500 not DVB-C)

Thanks for your effort.

Cheers,
    mcraenz

lkuech

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2007
    Hamburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    mcraenz: Not sure if it will help you, but you can set the timeout's how long the tv server will wait for the channel to descramble and the timeshift file to appear. IIRC it is unter SetupTV->GeneralSettings->Timeshift.
    Try to use higher values.

CU
    Lars

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom