TVEngine3 Snapshot: 02-12-2008 05-09h Revision 17383 (4 Viewers)

zentis666

Portal Member
September 4, 2005
Hi!
I was a silent reader in recent months and will try to help in testing the svns since I really like Mediaportal
and some of the svns worked quite well with my Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2.
In first-time usage of this svn I switched on pro7hd which worked fine, I switched to pro7 austria and then Mediaportal crashed (no freeze, just exit mediaportal, I got an error message that mediaportal crashed and "ok"-button).
I tried to reproduce this and used the test-tool but now even after reboot I get no crashes,
just tv does not work anymore, I get the error-message that timeshift cannot be started due to an unknown error.
I attached the logs.

dalmer

Portal Pro
October 9, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
I usually don't post unless I have details and logs etc, but I haven't had time to get that done yet. Since someone asked, I will write a brief response in case it helps someone out.

NA, HD does not work. Last svn I had working was 17258. Now it usually has stuttering sound with a frozen picture, or it is a "slideshow" with no sound.

When I have some details I will post back. One thing is for sure, a lot of people seem to have problems with HD... Strange.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Hi!
    I was a silent reader in recent months and will try to help in testing the svns since I really like Mediaportal
    and some of the svns worked quite well with my Hauppauge WinTV-NOVA-HD-S2.
    In first-time usage of this svn I switched on pro7hd which worked fine, I switched to pro7 austria and then Mediaportal crashed (no freeze, just exit mediaportal, I got an error message that mediaportal crashed and "ok"-button).
    I tried to reproduce this and used the test-tool but now even after reboot I get no crashes,
    just tv does not work anymore, I get the error-message that timeshift cannot be started due to an unknown error.
    I attached the logs.

do you have a master/slave server setup?
    Code:
    2008-02-12 23:15:28.234375 [5]: card: unable to connect to slave controller at:wohnzimmer

and please, no testing with this filter enabled. ;)
    Code:
    2008-02-12 23:17:31.312500 [11]: dvb: add mdapi filter

do a clean install without any 3rd party filters and report back then with new logs if the issue still occurs.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    This (and many recent SVN's) work fine, except for Eurosport...
    mostlikely this is something gemx is still working on in tswriter/reader.
    his todo list is still not empty. :)

please monitor the changelog for TSwriter/reader entries and try this build again.

:D for testing!

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    TV Service crashes when scanning UK Mendip, gets BBC channels, nothing else.
    well, and where are the logs of that scan?

I have exactly the same problem with HD Suisse (AVC-Hotbird 13).
    In my case Mediaportal hangs or crashes.
    This is since yesterday's SVN.
    good to know, but my crystal ball is broken, so i could need that logs of this crash :p

grubi

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Guys,

This (and many recent SVN's) work fine, except for Eurosport...I have a frozen picture, no sound. Most channels work fine, except for some adult channels, which -of course- I do not watch...

Would you be so kind to look at the logs?

A big THANK YOU.

Having similar problems but with Eurosport in Germany so I don't know if it is related. I found out that here it only works with certein aduio codect. These are AC3filter and MPA. What does not work is Cyberlink and DScaler.

grubi

jbagh

Portal Member
    January 7, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Watching Live TV. Switching channels like normal. Suddenly Mediaportal exists with a Application has closed, do you want to send to microsoft or not.. If I restart mediaportal, everything is normal for a while. Then the application just closes with the above mentioned error again.

And sometimes sound stutters. But a visit to the menu, and shutdown tv and start it. Or change channel cures that. (still annoying)

And seems like some of the wedensday patches from MS has given me more time to watch tv than yesterday. Yesterday it chashed after seconds.

log files attached.

hansdegit

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2005
    Schagen, The Netherlands
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    This (and many recent SVN's) work fine, except for Eurosport...
    mostlikely this is something gemx is still working on in tswriter/reader.
    his todo list is still not empty. :)

please monitor the changelog for TSwriter/reader entries and try this build again.

:D for testing!

That was my guess also. Do I need to provide more logs/details/dumps?

MattiasG

February 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    TV Server crash when scanning

TV Server crash when I try to scan for TV channels on either of my cards:
    FloppyDTV-S2
    Hauppauge WIN-NOVA-T 500

I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit with the latest driver for both cards.

/ Mattias

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2007
    Bath
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Tried todays SVN, channel scan crashing on DVB S as well, went back to SVN 16615 to rescan, scan was much quicker and write to data base was fine. Preview of Disco HD worked.

Re insalled this SVN, had to reboot after 2.3.0 install to get SVN to install mesage was close a program that was using 2.3.0?

Server installed ok, then after connection succeed and start service messages, unable to create data base, had renamed previously so name returned to tvlibrary and attempted dvb-t scan, crash with logs supplied.

Nigel

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom