TVEngine3 Snapshot: 03-21-2008 02-09h Revision 18123 (1 Viewer)

Nigel_K

Portal Pro
August 25, 2007
Bath
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Great job guy's, much easier for install/uninstall.

Looks like donation day is fast approaching.

Thanks

gloomyandy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 15, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi,
    Have just updated my system from a rather old snapshot to the latest. Saw a problem when recording. I have two TV cards (both digital) and when the second card was used to record (with the other card also recording), then I ended up with a zero length file (the first recording was fine). I tried changing the priority of the cards and the problem stayed with the "2nd" recording (so I don't think this is a card specific problem). I could watch live tv on the 2nd card (an pause it etc.) while the first card was recording. I've had to drop back to an older snapshot 17930 and this seems to work fine. Sorry no logs at the moment because this is our primary system and I would have been sleeping outside if I had messed up the recording of the F1 qualifying! Anyone else seeing this problem?

Andy

PS Tried restarts, clearing the DB, rescanning all cards, nothing helped....

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    this build the following problems:

Multiseat setup
    i.e. tvserver on standalone machine without MP..
    2x floppydtv dvb-c with alphacrypt cam
    XP sp2

Tvserver only records when a client is actually connected, not standalone :(
    Even when you schedule a recording, and power up a client half way the program tvserver suppose to record.
    It starts recording at the moment (red dot in MP) when mediaportal is fired up at the client

Second problem which took me a long time to figure out , and sofar I have tested is present in all builds of tvserver.
    Dual tuner does NOT work with Smartwi cardsplitter, tvserver and Mediaportal clients fail with the most strange errors.
    The smartwi works fine on normal decoders, however I do notice a distortion in the picture from time to time , but a normal decoder (settopbox) seems to have no problem besides that.

I now have 2 "official" smartcards in use and all problems have vanished..

I can reproduce easily by using smartwi clients , unexpected crashes from mediaportal client and all kinds of not possible to start timeshifting error notificiations.. which isnt the same all the time, only thing for sure.. it crashes sooner or later

added info: I do have images from the latest 10 builds including OS, same goes for my testclients i.e. the same build plugin ghosted to image..they all have the same smartwi problem. With normal smartcards.. rocks solid behaviour
    ohh and also i do start every nightly build on a clean system . i.e I start out with an image which has all stuff on it.. patches, drivers, sql except for Tvserver. This way I am sure I start clean without it costing me a lot of time !
    Same goes for the clients ofcourse all stuff except SVN and tvserver plugin
    reason: I had more vague bugs with updating an earlier build then starting out clean

Hope this helps ..

gloomyandy
    yeah .. missed F1 qualifying aswell :(

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Anyway please be so friendly to use "checkboxes" or "Radio buttons" that have to be ticked explicitly - not just a msgbox that by default (!) deletes customer data, without any warnings so please don’t justify just change….-> Usability ??

Best regards,
    Olli

I added a second checkbox, and changed the default button.
    but i am these guys which don't read a checkbox carefully, ignore also a second one :(

-chefkoch

limpwhizkid

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 22, 2008
    on your IPC$
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    in addition:
    this build.. keeps on recording to the default tvserver location and not to the location I have set in the configuration

I kept it running 24/7 since first install and is stable..

However.. my C drive is limited.. and with timeshift files and recording it would be game over sooner or later ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom