TVEngine3 Snapshot: 07-19-2007 13-49h Revision 15254 (1 Viewer)

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
General Infos:

Please visit our Wiki-Guide before you try out this engine.
We also provide some tutorial videos which show how to install and configure the TV-Server and TV-Client.

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Capabilities:

- seperate front/backend
- supports multiple frontends
- supports multiple backends (master/slave servers)
- analog/atsc/dvb-c/dvb-s/dvb-t support
- recording to mpeg-2 program stream (.mpg)
- mpeg-2 transport stream timeshifting
- multi tuner support of course
- epg / mhw grabbing right from the DVB stream
- network streaming via rtsp
- teletext grabbing

- ci / cam support for firedtv, twinhan and technotrend
- placeshifting
- TV Movie Clickfinder EPG import

MediaPortal TVEngine3 Requirements:

- latest MediaPortal SVN-Build Wiki-Guide --> Download
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Express Edition ---> Download
- additional (but recommened) SQL Server Management Studio Express ---> Download

MediaPortal-Bot

Worlds greatest bot!
March 26, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changelog since last snapshot:

setuptv 19/07/2007 [09:45:44] _Frodo_ added: fixed general settings/scan parameters got lost
tvengine3 19/07/2007 [09:54:20] _Frodo_ added: added dependencies to vc80 dlls in setup of tvplugin
tvengine3 19/07/2007 [12:44:23] _Frodo_ added: added support for the hauppage WinTV USB2 CI module

===> click here to download <===

This thread is open to everyone to provide feedback for this particular snapshot.
If you found or confirm a bug please still open a single thread with full details in the Bugsection

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Be aware this is a database update SVN and you will loose all your saved information.

Also the import option is broken for the little information you can save.

Isn't it about time the information saved by the export function is expanded to incorporate all settings (at least folders for tv tuners recordings and general settings),; it is a real buga to loose all the databse information saved from the EPG for the recordings you have.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Also the import option is broken for the little information you can save.
    it is not broken.

you can not import data which has been exported from an old db. thats all.

Isn't it about time the information saved by the export function is expanded to incorporate all settings (at least folders for tv tuners recordings and general settings),; it is a real buga to loose all the databse information saved from the EPG for the recordings you have.
    using svn builds has some downsides ;)

maybe someone out there wants to add it? i would like that too.
    sadly our developers are allready busy with too much other work :)

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Damn!, I can't import the export.xml (TV and Radio channels) file :mad: I get an error.
    It took me two hours to get it right the last time. I really hope I won't have to add the channels manually again.

Is there something I can change in the export.xml file so it will be excepted?

Or even better, the channel configuration option that is in the TVengine2, selecting by provider and location, can that be implemented in the new TVengine? That functions perfectly although the data source is a little outdated.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Or even better, the channel configuration option that is in the TVengine2, selecting by provider and location, can that be implemented in the new TVengine? That functions perfectly although the data source is a little outdated.
    if you can donate a motivated devloper with the required amount of sparetime -> sure :)

Bram

Portal Pro
    December 12, 2005
    's-Hertogenbosch
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I wish I had the skills, If I had the time I would be learning C# right now.
    But what I maybe can do is update the channel source? If I can help in any way, where there is no serious C# involved, please let me know.

I'm a professional PHP developer. If my skills can be of use....*the above*.

hoppy

Portal Pro
    March 10, 2006
    Cambridge, UK
    I understand these are development builds, but I think mp is going to have to provide a way for people to maintain their data, otherwise you may be in danger of loosing a lot of testers :(

I just don't have the time to re-scan, rename 50+ channels to match the xmltv imported channels, re-order and to generally re-enter the configuration from scratch. Also, I get a lot of grief from the wife if I do this to often :)

hirscho

Portal Pro
    December 24, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi Bram
    Maybe I can help you to save at least some time to upgrade to the new database structure. I just analyzed the old and the new format of the export.xml. The differences are just two new parameters at the end of the <TuningDetails> definition. So I took an ascii editor and just replaced "Band="0"/>" by "Band="0" "Pilot="-1" RollOff="-1" />" for the complete file. For me it worked quite well and I could import the channel list.

Have fun
    hirscho

PS: Anyway the new TV-plugin is not working me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom