TVEngine3 Snapshot: 07-21-2007 01-22h Revision 15280 (1 Viewer)

hoppy

Portal Pro
March 10, 2006
Cambridge, UK
MPB, yes I get that pretty frequently. Must not be seeking to the end of the timeshift buffer. I'm not using the new TsReader, are you?

mpb

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
hobby: I'm using the one that installs by 'default' when installing the tvplugin from the latest svn's.. Don't have time to read too many postings on here unfortunately, so not sure if those versions are considered 'the new tsreader' ?

Ok, looked into it.. apparently I use 'the old' version.. as I haven't placed the useTsReader.txt file.. tried that, but can't get it to work (at least.. no tsreader.log shows up) Out of time now though ;)

hoppy

Portal Pro
March 10, 2006
Cambridge, UK
This probably won't be fixed as it's out of mp's control. I've had a few issues with the TsReader but it looks much better for zapping etc. InfinityLoop, I'll replicate the main issue I had with it later and post my logs :)

sebastianp

Portal Member
March 31, 2007
Home Country
I am almost ready to give up, had consideral trouble with slow zapping, timeshift buffer problems and now lots of blocking and audio pops and squeaks.

I use TVServer and MP in multiseat configuration with current SVN builds of TVServer, TVplugin and MP, NVidia Graphics card and NVidia PureVideo new tsreader enabled.

The strange thing is that my current problems seem to relate to DVB-t signal strength, however i haven't made any changes to the antenna (don't think it has moved) or connecting cables etc.

The symptoms are that most channels accept 1 are completely unwatchable. The unwatchable channels break-up and there are all sorts of strange popping and whistling noises.

The tuning info for the watchable channels reports a signal strength of 60 and signal quality of 100. The unwatchable channels hover around 50 signal strength and 100 signal quality.

my first question is how can I determine if the picture is breaking up because of signal loss (is there a log I can look at) and secondly was anything changed in this build that may have caused or excerbated these issues.

Upto about build 1520 I had no picture quality issues.

Thanks

For those interested, reverting to the previous "tsreader" in build 1591 resolved most video and audio issues. It seems that my problems are related to the new tsreader.
If anyone would like log files please let me know which ones to post.

Thanks

S

mpb

Portal Member
November 8, 2006
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
sebastianp: Would you be so kind to attach the tsreader.ax file from that build maybe?
Having 'massive' trouble with the newest tsreader aswell.. but before I didn't use the 'new tsreader'.. I would like to check if your version is better in my situation too.

sebastianp

Portal Member
March 31, 2007
Home Country
sebastianp: Would you be so kind to attach the tsreader.ax file from that build maybe?
Having 'massive' trouble with the newest tsreader aswell.. but before I didn't use the 'new tsreader'.. I would like to check if your version is better in my situation too.

Hi,

I think I may have been unclear by previous "tsreader" I was referring to what I think is "TSFileSource", basically I removed the c:\usetsreader.txt files from the machine running tvserver and the machine running MP and the TVPlugin.

If I have misunderstood and you really do want a specific build of tsreader.ax then you can download them from the various svn builds

tri2007

Portal Member
July 19, 2007
Hello I Installed this svn build and i have no Signal on Any Frequenz.
i used befor the tvengine3-07-16-2007--13-18h--Rev15207 and i have a signal
OS Vista 32

same here, all Transponders "no signal", no scan possible....

sebastianp

Portal Member
March 31, 2007
Home Country
Build 15304 has resolved stuttering/tearing and audio popping during DVB-T streaming using tsreader.ax. Channel changes are quicker then I ever remember and the timeshift buffer problem during channel changes seems to have been resolved.

I am using a multi-seat config with Nvidia PureVideo decoder all settings in MyTVPlugin have been disabled.

For those previouly not able to use the new tsreader.ax I suggest that you try this build

Frodo, thanks for the great work I really wasn't looking forward to going back to Windows Media Centre.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom