tvguide skin question (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Can someone who has worked with skins please confirm whether or not it would be possible to skin the tvguide such that the genre (i.e. documentary, news, drama, etc) can be removed from the tv guide grid and we can possibly yeild some more entrys in that grid, seems like the genre is a waste of space to most people... even an option to turn in on or off would be nice...

Can a custom skin do this? Or maybe I should put this in the feature request?

A

Anonymous

Samsonite said:
ievolve said:
Can it be that no one knows the answer to this? Bump, bump, mario, frodo? :)

I am not 100% sure but I think it is hardcoded.

Perhaps we should make this a feature request. If I am not mistaking, the TV guide is built up out of fields of which one is the genre. I can imagine it will take al ot of coding, but knowing that the TV guide consists of fields it should in theory be possible to create a lay-out of the TV guide to our own personal liking :?:

Let's see what other users think about this...

samedney

Portal Member
November 9, 2004
Oxford, UK
I would have thought, that as the TV guide is XML based, and the genre is a property of the XML, it should be possible to filter out any aspect.

The TV guide would have to accomodate this in the back end, and an options screen listing all genres in the current TV guide would need to be created, so that they could be enabled or disabled.

As the XML was processed, it could be filtered to only show the requested genres.

A

Anonymous

Its a mixture of xml skin and mp code.
probably fixed in the next version (or the one after)

A

Anonymous

THANKS! I have long awaited this definitive answer :)

Heres looking forward to removing the genre's and putting a few more lines in the grid!

-Anthony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom