TVGuide won't update (1 Viewer)

arbiter

Portal Member
April 2, 2005
This weekend I installed a new video card. While I was cleaning up and uninstalling old software, something broke mediaportal.

I did an uninstall & reinstall of .net 1.1 and MP 1.3.0
Now I can run the XML grabber to update my tvguide from Zap2it labs, but the MediaPortal is not showing the updated listings. I just keep getting a blank schedule.

Anyone know how to fix this?

arbiter

Portal Member
April 2, 2005
I worked some more on this last night. I tried using f3 to import the TVGuide data, and it show that's it's importing something like 5 channels, 700 programs, but still nothing shows up in MP. I'm still getting No TVGuide Data to Display or something similar.

arbiter

Portal Member
April 2, 2005
Yep, I did that first. Normally if something gets fouled up, I flush the guide and pull in a new copy and everything is fixed.

So far it hasn't helped.

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
I'm having the same problem, I actually think its an issue with Zap2it. I'm getting a fetching error when my tvguide.bat script runs and connects to their database. If you go to their website you can login but then if you try to go anywhere after that you get Oracle database errors. So to me it looks like an issue on their end not with MP.

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
I'm still having the same issue today. I can't even pull down a new listing from zap2it. I'm still getting the fetching error. Is anyone else having an issue? I can't even get on their forum, it gives Oracle DB errors when you try to connect.

arbiter

Portal Member
April 2, 2005
I'm not having the error pulling the xml file. I opened it in an editor, and the data is all there.

My problem is getting the data in the xmltv file into MP.

jeffp

Portal Pro
October 4, 2005
USA
Looks like zap2it is back up and running now. I was able to pull down a new guide and import it with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom