tvguide.xml in the following folder - problem (1 Viewer)

rzw

December 30, 2010
Home Country
Poland Poland
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.2
MediaPortal Skin: streamedMP
Windows Version: XP Pro

As this is my first post I would like to say Big Hello to everybody!

WebEPG works fine... So why am I posting?
That is why:
During configuration of WebEPG I've chosen "Write programs to: tvguide.xml file in the following folder:".
The reason I choose other folder (then default) is that I want to make some changes in tvguide.xml file (like cutting some data from <category> section and pasting it into <descr> section). I made it, and... changes I made is not shown in MP. I understand that during "Grab Now!" process data is somehow copied to MP. And the question is what to do to make my changes visible in MP? How to update data from tvguide.xml file located in the folder I choose to MP?

rzw

Smeulf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 27, 2010
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi,

If my knowledge of WebEPG is good, when you choose ""Write programs to: tvguide.xml file", then the imports is done throught XMLTV plugin.

Did you set up XmlTV plugin to grab the TVGuide.xml file in the right folder ? Did you put the "xmltv.dtd" file in the folder you store the TVGuide.xml ?

If yes, can you provide TV.log and EPG.log (you are welcome to take a look in those files by yourself :))

If you do changes to your TVGuide.xml file, maybe you should process like this, because of the "auto import every minute" function of the TVServer, or you might have not enough time to do the changes :

- Configure WebEPG to grab the programs into a specified temp folder
    - Make your changes
    - Copy the modified file to the folder specified in the XMLTV plugin

Hope this helps.

Cheers.

rzw

December 30, 2010
    Home Country
    Poland Poland
    Correct configuration of XmlTv plugin solved the problem.

Thanks for your help,

rzw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom