Tvguide XML (1 Viewer)

dropscience

October 9, 2005
Baltimore
I have everything installed and set up on media portal, except for the tv listings. It keeps pointing me to an error that says the tvguide.xml file wasnt found. I tired downloading the xmltv thing from sourceforge, and renaming the DTD file to tvguide and making it XML. Can someone please give me a step by step solution? Thank you.

wishywashy

Portal Pro
January 31, 2005
Hill AFB, UT
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
1. From comand prompt: cd into xmltv directory
xmltv.exe tv_grab_na_dd --configure
2. Follow on screen prompts/questions

3. Move\copy tv_grab_na_dd.conf file from \xmltv\.xmltv to just main xmltv directory (\xmltv). You can open the .conf file in word pad and add the line: password: your password

4. In MP setup-Television-Program guide- General tab point MP to xmltv directory. Example in my case g:\xmltv\xmltv

5. In MP setup-Television-Program guide- Scheduler tab choose tv_grab_na_dd from drop down list. Choose "Basic Multiday grab", and "days to keep" 1 (won't take as long to build and use it to test)

6. Run grabber

7. If it works change "days to keep" any number upto 14.

If it dosn't work let me know what errors you may get.

Danno100

Portal Member
November 3, 2005
Canada
WishyWashy;

Thanks for the instructions. I just couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong, but your instructions worked except for one small item. Originally, I received an error, didn't write it down. But, I changed the parameters from a "blank" to "--auto config add" and it worked perfectly. I don't know what the default was but this made the difference.

Thanks for the instructions, I almost gave up hope.

P.S. Perhaps your instructions should be a sticky because there is no clear instruction that I could find anywhere until yours was posted today. Other media portals make this an easy process, but I found MP to be very complex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom