[no Bug] TvMiniGuide problem using linux MySQL RC6 (1 Viewer)

gjstroom

Portal Member
July 18, 2010
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Already posted this under general, but I believe it's a bug.

Hi I use MediaPortal on my Windows PC with the MySQL on a Linux server, when using this setup everything works exept the On Now, that's displaying "Now: No data available". When I use the MySQL on my Windows pc it works fine.
I did some reinstalls and database drops, but still I get "Now: No data available".

Some additional logging with remote mysql database (no miniguide):

2010-07-21 19:58:08.093659 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvMiniGuide: All controls are reset after 0ms
2010-07-21 19:58:08.094659 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvMiniGuide: GetChannelListByGroup returning cached version of channels.
2010-07-21 19:58:08.115660 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvMiniGuide: FillChannelList retrieved 0 programs for 166 channels in 19 ms
2010-07-21 19:58:08.732696 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvMiniGuide: FillChannelList - 1 channel states for group retrieved in 616 ms
2010-07-21 19:58:08.746696 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvMiniGuide: State check + filling completed after 616 ms
2010-07-21 19:58:08.747696 [Debug][MPMain(1)]: TvMiniGuide: FillGroupList finished after 0 ms

from tv.log:
2010-07-21 20:35:43.111900 [MPMain(1)]: BusinessLayer: GetNowNext failed Table 'MpTvDb_e6600.program' doesn't exist

When I rename the table Program to program:
2010-07-21 20:57:36.974048 [MPMain(1)]: BusinessLayer: GetNowNext failed Unknown column 'Program.endtime' in 'where clause'

So there's a fault somewhere which addresses the 'program' table in lowercase. On a Windows MySQL this doesn't matter, but a Linux MySQL is case sensitve.

romuz

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 26, 2008
    Moskau
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Known problem. But in general its MySQL linux issue which does not follow SQL92 standard. It have to be case insensitive by standard.
    There is some discussions here on forum about it. Search for it.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    So there's a fault somewhere which addresses the 'program' table in lowercase. On a Windows MySQL this doesn't matter, but a Linux MySQL is case sensitve.

it is not that either is case-sensitive or not but that Windows by default is not set as case-sensitive (as it should be) and Linux is. The easiest solution is to just change the parameter on your Linux database but this is not always possible if you use it for other things.

There are plenty of threads about this around but Linux MySQL is not a supported setup. Whilst it would be nice to fix I don't think the team has the time to make this a supported option (there are lots and lots of SQL statements that would need checking in both TV plugin and TV client and that means lots of testing)

The only way I can see this getting sorted is if the community provides a patch to fix this. There is one pending (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...325/case-sensitivity-query-crash-mysql-84653/) but my worry is that this is a single place but there are hundreds more that need looking at and I am not sure we want to just fix these one at a time.

Either way marking as no-bug as this is not a supported setup. I will nudge the team to see if we can put the patch above in later (won't be in 1.1)

gjstroom

Portal Member
    July 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Ok I already found the possible solution by putting MySQL in the case insensitive mode. Need to create the database again :(
    But since the table Program first is opened as 'program' followed by 'Program.endtime', I thought this would be an easy fix. The Miniguide is the only thing which doesn't work.
    I did some searches on the forum but didn't get any result, hence my posting.
    It looked to me a good solution to run the MySQL on a 24/7 Linux server which I already have running. So I don't need local MySQL installations on both PC and HTPC.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I did some searches on the forum but didn't get any result, hence my posting.
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...end-tv-server-90/miniguide-epg-no-data-46425/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-1-1-0-rc-3-6-519/mini-tv-guide-empty-82568/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/television-mytv-frontend-tv-server-90/mini-epg-guide-issue-41034/
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/pre-1-0-rc1-273/mysql-issue-database-layout-case-sensitive-20459/

were a few of the posts I picked up by searching for Linux mysql ....

appears mini-guide is the main issue in terms of using it so this could possibly be fixed relatively easily. The issue is that some other older posts mentioned things like index creation failing during setup so there is quite a lot of effort to actually test this

gjstroom

Portal Member
    July 18, 2010
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    With 'lower_case_table_names=1' in my.cnf and after configuring all settings again, it works fine now.
    Although it would be nice when it works with standard MySQL linux settings, for instance if more databases are running on the same server which may require the Linux standard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom