TvPlugin and Mediaportal don't have the same version - after upgrade from 1.8 to 1.10 (1 Viewer)

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi folks,

I just upgraded my MediaPortal box from version 1.8 to version 1.10. After the upgrade, Mediaportal failed to start. I get this error message:

TvPlugin and MediaPortal don't have the same version.
    Please update the older component to the same version as the newer one.

MediaPortal version 1.10.0
    TvPlugin Version 1.8.0.0

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,
    Frank

fstruijs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 20, 2009
    Breda
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Problem solved. I tried to run the installation executable again and choose the reinstall option. That didn't work. Same error. However the upgrade option solved the issue.

Regards,
    Frank

andy_p

Portal Member
    July 10, 2008
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    8 years later I had the same problem upgrading from 1.29 to 1.30 - and the same solution worked :)
    Problem was caused by tvservice permissions being messed up so the installer could not stop the service - fixed by a neat little program called ServiceSecurityEditor - I set INTERACTIVE and SERVICE to allow stop/start, then the installer could stop the service correctly and the "upgrade" process completed.
    On an unrelated note I run against a local sqlserver and finally worked out why the tvservice was not starting correctly - fixed by making a dependency from tvservice to the sqlexpress database to ensure it was available when it was needed, with this command:
    sc config "TVService" depend= Netman/SQLBrowser/MSSQL$SQLEXPRESS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom