TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (3 Viewers)

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    :oops:

This is the patch for 21685.

Seek improvement is in TsReader.
    RTSP are in TSreader and StreamingServer.

Attachments

• Zapping_21685.zip
      30.6 KB

jhb

Portal Pro
    September 19, 2006
    Gothenburg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think the idea of dot-i isn't bad. Use RTSP for Live-TV and non RTSP for recordings. Here is a small patch for that if you now provide a recordingpath like in the first post you can use non rtsp with recordings (Comskip... works) and rtsp with live tv.
    Code:
    ...... cut it out ;-) ......

The bad things are:
    1.) still no updated timeline while in pause mode in live-tv
    2.) starting movies with non RTSP takes long for me cause of the new mediainfo.dll which seems to load a huge amount of the file from SMB or my LAN / System is slow. Startuptime 3-5 seconds.

After testing this I also realized that the startup time with the mounted disk initially is very slow (3-5s using wired 100Mbps Ethernet), this goes for TV as well as for recordings. Changing channels after the initial timeshift buffer has loaded is faster than before though...
    ...but is behaving a little bet different. Earlier the channel info switched in advance of audio/video, but now the picture switches at the same time as the channel info. Minor thing, but it feels a bit strange since it gives a feeling of slower channel switching, while they actually are faster in reality...

Interesting is that I am mainly testing this solution to avoid problems with RTSP and live-TV (see: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/1-0-final-svn-builds-302/black-screen-after-channel-change-53609/). With recordings I have almost no problems, which means that for me this solution would preferably be used the opposite way as proposed for the patch in the referred post above...

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    The bad things are:
    1.) still no updated timeline while in pause mode in live-tv
    2.) starting movies with non RTSP takes long for me cause of the new mediainfo.dll which seems to load a huge amount of the file from SMB or my LAN / System is slow. Startuptime 3-5 seconds.

mediainfo should not read ts files as they are live TV related.
    If it does this, then it's an error. Can u debug this ?

It's no hidden truth that most ppl + devs are using MP as singleseat, meaning most development and bug fixing will occur in the singleseat area of things and not in RTSP/multiseat. Sad though, since I'm a multiseater myself.

I can't recall them all, but there have been a lot of bugs in the RTSP impl. and I bet there still is.
    So avoiding RTSP does make sense for some people.
    I havent used RTSP for ages.

Having one TS buffer file per channel would fix the issue with stuttering, since we dont have to change TS file on the fly.

I'm pretty close to just setting a huge TS file of 50 gig or so in setupTV (or in SQL), this would almost remove the need for a TS file change.

Also to improve RTSP, we could try and integrate the latest livemedia555 libs into server and client (they are pretty old).

our current rtsp impl. use winsock and not winsock2, this means that there will be some bottlenecks on high bitrate stuff like h264 etc. It will probably stutter at some point.

we should try and have winsock1 replaced with winsock2-.

/gibman

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    could you also provide a patch / diff - a compiled version does not help me cause i've some other changes in my version. Thanks!

Ambass

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 24, 2007
    Home Country
    France France
    There are a lot of changes...And I've not cleaned yet a ton of comments/logs.. Merge should be difficult.

Changes should be on SVN soon to have a public build for friday. ( If no major problem is discovered !)

iosub

Portal Pro
    April 26, 2006
    San Sebastian
    GibMan

Just a note:

With this trick "Avoing RTSP in multiseat" the TV thumbnail are not created with UNC, if you map the driver they are created.

Can you check this? I don't like the idea of mapping a driver, because somethimes after standby they apears as disconnected.

Thanks!

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Ambass
    there is now a new public SVN available will there still be another one at friday? Otherwise could you please update the sourceforge SVN to the same revision as the public SVN release?

stoked

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Still get stutters with your tsreader.ax gibman,

11-02-2009 02:24:33.375 [778]Video Continuity error... 6 ( prev 2 )
    11-02-2009 02:24:33.375 [778]Audio Continuity error... f ( prev d )
    11-02-2009 02:24:33.406 [778]Video Continuity error... e ( prev 9 )
    11-02-2009 02:24:33.406 [778]Audio Continuity error... 7 ( prev 9 )
    11-02-2009 02:24:33.453 [778]aud:set discontinuity
    11-02-2009 02:24:34.781 [a6c]vid:set discontinuity
    11-02-2009 02:24:34.812 [a6c]vid:set discontinuity
    11-02-2009 02:25:56.750 [778]MultiFileReader has error 0x80 in Loop 0. Try to clear SMB Cache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom