TVplugin - avoiding RTSP in multiseat mode (test plz). (1 Viewer)

pnyberg

Portal Pro
August 21, 2006
Stockholm
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I have following situation:

I used MP on singleseat installation which is only connected to the LAN throgh WLAN. So I'm using also the Micrsoft Loopback Adapter and configured the Tv-Server to stream to this IP as I don't always have the WLAN connection running.

Now I want to add another client. The problem is, the stream doesn't work if I don't change the streaming IP to the WLAN IP.

Do I understand it right, that with this "hack" I can define the Loopback IP for the streaming IP and the multiseat client will still work over the WLAN Connection, because it uses the network share??

And is this still available with 1.1.0 Beta?

yes.

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Tested some more today; on my home network; but it decreases zap time by ~1sec :p with rtsp there is some dynamic delay with direct unc not..:)

cfforce

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Found some stutter when timeshift file shifts to another file.
    Made the TS file as large as possible; but when TS-file is full and shift to a new file; live-tv stutters.
    Attached Log files.

Attachments

• rtsp_stutter.zip
      30.6 KB

pnyberg

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2006
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I have seen the same problem with bad stutters when it moves to another file. I had to go back to RTSP because of this.

I don't have this problem (not that I have notices anyway)... And I also watching live 720p - which would worsen it - since it shifts files more often...

But then again I use an older build than you probably (1.0 SVN 22029).

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Gents,

remember there is a huge difference in how well the windows file sharing network performs.
    And this greatly affects the performance when not using RTSP.

vista and win7 both use the SMB2 protocol, where as XP use the older and slower SMB1.

When I use a win7 client on a win7 server (smb2->smb2) then it is infact performing better than RTSP mode.

If one of the involved PCs are a XP installation, then SMB1 will always be used instead.

So plz report ur findings when doing true smb2->smb2 performance.

/gibman

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    gibman
    but the problem they descrive is still the problem i mentioned in this thread a long time ago. Sometimes even with smb2 <=> smb2 windows get's problems with SMB cache and delivers an old index file to the client where the new bufferfilenam is missing.
    I had made a patch for that but nobody was interested.

chrholm

Portal Pro
    June 20, 2005
    Copenhagen
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    All my computers are Vista or Windows 7. The computers are connected using gigabit, and I have tested the raw network performance to around 500 mbit continious transfer rate.

gibman

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 4, 2006
    Aarhus
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I didnt see this patch.

can u link to it ?

/gibman

@gibman
    but the problem they descrive is still the problem i mentioned in this thread a long time ago. Sometimes even with smb2 <=> smb2 windows get's problems with SMB cache and delivers an old index file to the client where the new bufferfilenam is missing.
    I had made a patch for that but nobody was interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom